Why visit UK?
The United Kingdom consists of four countries namely England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales with London as its capital city. It is a great place to visit. It has an amazing variety of landscape from sea, ice and wind and all within fairly short distance to each other.
Many areas in the UK impart a dynamic culture of art, some of the most respected performers and artist of the world visit London and other part s of UK to act, play music and dance. The United Kingdom provides some of the best surroundings in the world. Whether it is the highlands of Scotland or rolling green hills of Wales, you will find such breath-taking landscapes not very far from each other, wanting you to stay longer.
The United Kingdom has a lot an interesting cuisine. The traditional food consist of bangers, haggis, black pudding, chips, fish and strew, but there is lot more. There are so many restaurants and food to choose from.
Purpose of Visit
Visitor Visa allows you to visit UK for tourism, to meet family and friends, take part in sports and creative activities, for business, medical treatment for up to six months. All applicant under this category needs to be financially stable to accommodate themselves in the UK without aid to public funding or working, although they can have support from family members living in the UK.
UK Tourist Visa Eligibility
Individuals who are applying for a UK Tourist visa are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Submit proof of return on the expected date.
- Submit proof of any activities (business or otherwise) you wish to engage in that fall within the framework of authorised activities, while in the UK.
- Submit proof you can take care of your financial expenses while in the UK.
- For medical treatment, applicants should furnish documentation of the treatment, have made provision for funding the treatment as well as show they will leave the UK on completion of treatment.
- For long term visa applications, the applicant has to show that he/she has a frequent need to visit the UK and that the purpose of the visit will remain consistent for the duration of the visa.
Documents required for UK Visa application
- Original passport and old passports (if any), passport should have minimum three blank pages and should be valid for at least 6 months
- 2 recent passport-size colour photographs taken against a white background with matte-finish (size 35 mm x 45 mm and 60% – 80% face close-up)Note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Proof of accommodation
- The visa application form duly filled (online) by the applicant, under the guidance of our travel experts
- Cover letter: explaining the purpose of the trip with itinerary detailed location(s) and duration of stay in UK. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to the Visa Officer, British Deputy High Commission, Kolkata
- Income Tax Returns of the last 3 years
- Original bank statements reflecting transactions for the last 6 months, duly attested and signed by a bank official
- Proof of investments – Mutual funds, fixed deposits, national saving certificates, stocks & shares, etc
If the applicant is employed:
- Salary sips for the last 6 months
- Original leave letter from employer
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- Certificate of registration of the company / Certificate of Incorporation (MOA / Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership etc)
- Covering letter on the company letter head and financial documents
If the applicant is Student:
- Original NOC letter from school / college with ID card copy
- Original NOC letter from parents, Income Tax Returns and Bank statements