Australian citizens and permanent residents can visit, study, work and live in New Zealand. They don’t need to apply for a visa before travelling and can be granted a New Zealand resident visa when they arrive if they meet the character and entry permission requirements.
This visa allows to:
- Live, work, and study in New Zealand.
- Travel to and from New Zealand as often, but each time the applicant leaves New Zealand their Resident Visa will expire.
Visa eligibility conditions:
- Entry permission: An individual must apply for entry permission when arrive in New Zealand.
- Status: The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Australian temporary residents aren’t eligible for this visa.
In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.
First of all the applicant has to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be in good health
- Must be of good character
- Must have good English language capabilities
- Must provide a proof of identity
If the applicant leaves New Zealand, their resident visa will expire – they can apply for a variation of travel conditions to allow them travel without affecting their New Zealand residence status.
An individual can apply for a resident visa each time of arrival in New Zealand, but their New Zealand residence won’t be considered continuous.