A worker who possess the ability to perform a certain task that is required in their chosen field of work or has a special talent (inbuilt or acquired), skill and training are usually known as a Skilled Worker. A skilled worker may have had formal education via a college, university or technical school OR may have had on the job training to learn certain skill sets.
There are presently several ways for a Skilled Worker to obtain permanent residence. A Permanent Resident Visa enables an immigrant to live, work and study in Australia.
The Skilled worker’s visas are categorized as:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsor Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
- Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858 and 124)