Self Employed Worker Program
The Self Employed Worker Program stream is one of the substreams under the Quebec Business Programs. It helps applicants to come to Quebec and practice a profession or do business activities in Quebec.
Who can apply?
To apply, meet the terms such as:
- Come to Quebec to practice a profession or trade, alone or with others, with paid or unpaid help.
- Make a start-up donation with a financial institution. But at the place where the applicant wishes to practice its trade or profession.
- C$25,000 deposit if intend to practise outside Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area.
- C$50,000 deposit if intend to practise in Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area.
- Have legal net assets worth C$100,000 whether alone or with an accompanying spouse or de facto spouse. Also, have a proof for the same.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience as a self-employed worker. Also, this experience must be in the area of trade or profession the applicant wants to practice in Quebec.
- Also, have the attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values.
- The application will be assessed, for the applicant and/or de facto spouse (if applicable) as per factors such as:
- Education Level
- Language Skill Level
- Funds to Support/Settle
- Quebec Visits
- Quebec connection – Family in the province
- Further, get a diploma/certificate to practise regulated trade or profession, from a regulatory body in Quebec.
- Any diploma/certificate earned outside Quebec may not allow the applicant to practice its trade or profession in the province.
- If an applicant does not qualify for this stream then they can apply for the Regular Skilled Worker Program.