Yukon Community Pilot Stream
The Yukon Community Pilot Stream (YCP) is a newly launched stream under the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP). It is a pilot program which will run for 3 years.
The program aims to:
- Add flexibility for skilled workers working in specific Yukon communities.
- Applicants will get a work permit for a specific community. Instead of getting it for an employer.
- Applicants can work for multiple employers rather than just one.
- Help meet the needs of employers hiring seasonal workers.
To qualify the applicants must have a nomination for permanent residence in Yukon. If they meet this term, then they will get a location-restricted work permit for 2 years.
Work Permit details
The work permit issued under Yukon Community Pilot Stream of the Yukon Nominee Program:
- Allows applicants to work for 2 or 3 employers under 1 of the participating Yukon communities.
- Has a validity of 2 years.
- Also, helps the applicants to work without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
The participating Yukon communities under this stream are:
- Watson Lake
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
Eligibility to apply for this work permit
To qualify, meet the following terms:
- Have 2 or 3 eligible job offers from a Yukon community.
- The applicant must have signed a letter of support from the government of Yukon.
- Also, must meet the basic terms for getting a work permit.
Job Offer terms
To qualify the job offers must meet terms such as:
- All job offers must be from 1 Yukon community.
- Also, work hours must be a minimum of 30 hours a week. Similar to a full-time job.
- Besides, it must be non-seasonal.
- The applicant must have paid, all year, employment.
- The wage must either match the minimum wage requirement or be more than that.
- Moreover, the applicant’s work experience must prove that it can do the activities related to its jobs.
Finally, if the applicant meets the above-mentioned term then it must apply online.