Who Qualifies for Canada Spousal Work Permit in 2024?

Who Qualifies for Canada Spousal Work Permit in 2024?

In 2024, there are heat waves regarding new study visa rules. However, all rules are to protect the interests of international students. So, international students who wish to study abroad and take their spouse raise the question, Who qualifies for Canada Spousal Work Permit in 2024?

You will not believe but it is as simple as A, B, and C. Yes, to sponsor your spouse as an international student do the following:

  • Firstly, choose your study program carefully.
  • You can either apply for a Master’s or PhD program OR
  • Apply to 1 of these Bachelor’s degree programs:
    • Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS, DMD)
    • Bachelor of Law or Juris Doctor (LLB, JD, BCL)
    • Doctor of Medicine (MD)
    • Doctor of Optometry (OD)
    • Pharmacy (PharmD, BS, BSc, BPharm)
    • Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
    • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN, BSN, BNSc)
    • Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
    • Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng., BE, BASc)


So, who qualifies for a Canada spousal work permit? The above options, allow you as an international student to sponsor your spouse for an Open Work Permit. If you meet the above terms, you and your spouse can easily immigrate to Canada in 2024.

Besides, this way you both can live together and earn together.

  • Firstly, as a student from Sep 2024 intake, you can work 24 hours per week.
    • This was earlier 20 hours per week.
    • Also, this limit is higher in comparison to other top countries.
  • Secondly, your spouse on an Open Work Permit can work for any Canadian employer.
    • This way you both can recover your visa costs, and amass savings in just a year.


How to apply for Canada study visa and Spouse Open Work Permit in 2024?

Applying for a Canada study visa (main applicant)

To apply for a Canada study visa, you must do the following:

  • Firstly, you need to apply to the University/College of your choice.
    • Get a Letter of Acceptance (LOA).
  • Secondly, pay tuition fee for 1 year.
  • Also, get a Provincial Attestation Letter (PAL).
  • Besides, you must have CAD 20,635 in your GIC account.
  • Moreover, have the following documents ready for submission:
    • Language test results (must not be more than 2 years old).
    • Medical/Criminal clearance report.
    • Have educational transcripts.
  • Further, submit your Canada study visa application.
  • Finally, given biometrics and post-processing receive a Canada study visa.


Applying for a Student Spouse Visa

  • Firstly, have a copy of the LOA of the international student (main applicant).
  • Secondly, have proof of funds.
  • Also, have documents for student spouse visa application such as:
    • Language test results.
    • MCC/PCC reports.
  • Besides, you must submit proof of your relationship with your spouse.
  • Finally, get a Spouse Open Work Permit.


So, apply for a Canada study visa and spouse open work permit now. To start take our Free Assessment. Contact Us to know more.

Related Posts