What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023?
Canada Immigration: What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023?
In exact 107 days, we will be entering a new year. And like every new year we will be making new resolutions and goals to excel in personal and professional life. But for Canada Immigration what can we expect?
If we look at the past updates from the immigration minister, then we are familiar with the following:
- Firstly, Canada will hold periodic EE draws with a focus on:
- CRS cut off,
- Occupation in demand
- Labour market needs
- Secondly, as per the above factors, it can choose to hold a variety of draws:
- All program draw
- FST draw
- CEC draw
- PNP nomination holders draw
- Targeting applicant profiles for ITA as per things such as:
- Occupations in demand
- Language Skill Level
- Education Level etc.
- Besides, this comes due to the pandemic affecting the Canadian immigration process:
- Dec 23, 2020: Last all-program draw
- Sep 14, 2021: Last CEC draw
- Increase in application process timelines.
- As a result, due to a huge backlog, the draws had to be paused.
- After that Canada only focused on EE PNP draws.
- However, on July 06, 2022, Canada resumed the EE general draws.
Canada Immigration 2022 timeline
What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023, question can be well answered when we review the Canada immigration updates in 2022 (up till Sep 16, 2022).
- 08-02-2022: Canada Job Vacancies go up in 2022 for Foreign workers
- 14-02-2022: A higher immigration levels target for 2022 is set at 431,645
- 24-02-2022: Simplified LMIA for 2022 targeted occupation list shared by Quebec
- In comparison to the 2021 list, we see a rise from 181 targeted occupations to 228 occupations in demand.
- 02-03-2022: Canada Supports Ukraine in the Ongoing Crisis
- Offered financial aid and began fast-track processing of applications from residents of Ukraine wishing to move to Canada.
- 04-03-2022: Apply for Work Permit as a TRV Holder until Feb 2023 from Canada
- Canada announces extension of Aug 2020 public policy until Feb 2023.
- The policy offers easy access to TRV holders for conversion of their visa to a Canadian work permit.
- 05-04-2022: Canada announces an increase in permanent residence fees.
- 20-04-2022: Spring 2022 to Result in Resuming of General Express Entry Draws
- Speculations in the immigration industry regarding the resuming of all program EE draw.
- 22-04-2022: Quebec Faces Major Skilled Worker Shortage with Job Vacancy Rate Going Up
- 214,765 jobs are vacant as Quebec faces a major skilled workers shortage.
- Overall, more than 874,700 jobs were vacant.
- 25-04-2022: The immigration minister shares that Canada is looking at holding Express Entry Occupation in demand draws
- 26-04-2022 (Canada immigration update): 108000 PR Applicants Welcomed in Q1 2022
- 01-05-2022: Canada demands more foreign workers as the unemployment rate falls
- Canada sees an all-time low unemployment rate of 5.1%. The lowest since 1976.
- 27-05-2022: New Express Entry draws to see changes in selection of applicants
- Announcement of resuming of Express Entry (EE) general draws.
- Also, indicates changes in the criteria for the selection of applicants for a PR visa.
- 30-05-2022: Canada introduces NOC 2021
- The new update is to be effective from Nov 16, 2022.
- 03-06-2022: 1 Million Empty Canadian Job Positions Available For Foreign Skilled Workers
- 1,012,900 empty job positions with a 5.9% increase in Canada’s job vacancy rate.
- 07-06-2022: Canada increases its citizenship target for 2022 to 2023
- For 2021-2022 Canada granted citizenship to 217,000. And will be increasing its citizenship target for 2022-2023.
- 10-06-2022: IRCC to issue 500000 Canada visas in summer 2022
- By Q3 Canada aims to select up to 100,000 to 120,000 applicants for Canada PR.
- 11-06-2022: Parents and Grandparents Super Visa Holders Per Entry Limit Goes Up
- From July 04, 2022, PGSV holders are to re-enter Canada after every 5 years instead of the earlier 2 years.
- 13-06-2022: Quebec private college graduates not eligible for PGWP
- From Sep 01, 2023, Quebec private college graduates will no more be able to qualify for PGWP.
- 18-06-2022: IRCC to soon launch new immigration program for Canada in 2022
- The new program will help temporary workers and international students to quickly get Canada PR.
- Complete details to be out in Sep 2022.
- 20-06-2022: NSNP Immigration Targets Go Up To 5340
- The province is all set to select a total of 5340 applicants and an addition of 1173 slots for the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP).
- 24-06-2022 (1st update): Canada Express Entry PR pathway to hold all program draws from July 06
- 04-07-2022: Canada Creates New Task Force To Meet Immigration Delays
- This move comes after the 2.4 million backlogs in the immigration system.
- 05-07-2022 (2nd update): July 06 2022 Resuming of FSW and CEC Draws Confirmed
- 06-07-2022: Much awaited July 06 2022 EE draw issues 1500 ITAs for PR
What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023?
Before getting to What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023. We must understand what Canada’s infamous EE System is.
The Express Entry (EE) System is Canada’s most sought-after immigration pathway. Because this pathway offers you permanent residency in Canada within 6-8 months. Also, the application system is the least complex. All process steps are easy to adhere to. And with all the above updates shared up till now, Canada will return to its original application processing period of 6-8 months.
As a result, applicants who wish to get a Canada PR visa will get the same in no time. In addition, with the inclusion of NOC 2021 and increased criteria for the selection of applicants now becomes diverse. Earlier, the CRS cut-off was the measure for the selection of applicants. So, if you have a higher CRS score then your chances of getting an ITA for submitting a Canada PR application were higher.
But Canada is now trying to open to other options as well. Because the earlier method did not help in meeting Canadian labour market needs to the fullest. As a result, by expanding the selection terms, Canada will be able to fill the huge vacant job positions. So, what to expect from Express Entry System in 2023; a positive and productive approach to the Canadian immigration system.
But how are things going to change for immigrants? For immigrants, the introduction of NOC 2021 on Nov 16, 2022, adds more occupations that qualify to apply to the EE System. Earlier certain profiles were not a part of NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B. Thus, with the 2021 NOC update, these profiles will become a part of the new tier. And applicants from these occupations will automatically qualify to apply for PR.
Who can apply to the Express Entry (EE) System?
If you wish to get a quick and easy Canada PR, then you must:
- Qualify to apply to 1 of the EE sub-streams such as:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Also, meet Human Capital Factors:
- Age | Education Level | Work Experience | Language Skills Level
- Finally, match or exceed the CRS cut-off.
- And or match additional terms (in 2023 EE draws).
Irrespective of the above-shared updates, Canada is bound to break its 2022 immigration levels target. And for 2023, as stated earlier it will aim for processing 500,000 PR applications every year.
So, do not let the roll of tumultuous updates deviate you from the right decision of getting yourself and your family a PR visa. Thus, leave your worries at the door and seek the guidance of immigration experts. These are the ones who will make your immigration process smooth, and error-free with a great chance of you settling in Canada with utmost ease.
But now that we know what to expect from Express Entry system in 2023, why get a CICC-licensed immigration lawyer? To get to know why getting a professional to work on your Canada visa file is important click here.
What to expect from Express Entry system in 2023? In short, join the league of 431,645 (2022) and 500,000 (2023) people who will be getting a Canada PR visa now. So, why are you waiting? Take an action now!