Visitor Record

Visitor Record – Extend stay in Canada

A visitor record is not a visa but helps in extending an applicant’s stay in Canada as a visitor. Also, it:

  • Gives visitor status and helps in staying longer in Canada.
  • Helps change permit type:
    • From a study permit to visitor record.
    • From a work permit to visitor record.
  • It also includes a new expiry date as per which the applicant must leave Canada.

When to apply?

An applicant must apply a minimum of 30 days before its current status ends. Also, one can apply to extend their stay as a visitor or change the current status.

Besides, to apply, submit an online application.

In case the status expires after applying for a visitor visa then they can legally stay in Canada on an implied status. But only until a decision is made.

Want to live, settle, study and or work in Canada? Contact Us for a custom Canada immigration plan that suits all your needs.