Visitor Record – Extend stay in Canada
A visitor record is not a visa but helps in extending an applicant’s stay in Canada as a visitor. Also, it:
- Gives visitor status and helps in staying longer in Canada.
- Helps change permit type:
- From a study permit to visitor record.
- From a work permit to visitor record.
- It also includes a new expiry date as per which the applicant must leave Canada.
When to apply?
An applicant must apply a minimum of 30 days before its current status ends. Also, one can apply to extend their stay as a visitor or change the current status.
Besides, to apply, submit an online application.
In case the status expires after applying for a visitor visa then they can legally stay in Canada on an implied status. But only until a decision is made.
Want to live, settle, study and or work in Canada? Contact Us for a custom Canada immigration plan that suits all your needs.