Understanding Express Entry FSW and CEC pathway for Canada PR
Canada Immigration: Understanding Express Entry FSW and CEC pathway for Canada PR
News Flash – July 2022 to see IRCC restarting Express Entry FSW and CEC draws. In this context for new applicants understanding Express Entry FSW and CEC pathway for Canada PR becomes important.
The Express Entry (EE) System is Canada’s most famous immigration pathway. It was launched on Jan 01, 2006, and since has been the biggest medium of selecting applicants for Canada PR. Not only this. under the CEC category a total of 27,332 OTAs were issued on Feb 13, 2021.
As a result, this system became the most popular and like its name the fastest pathway to Canada PR.
The EE system is merely an application management system. And it handles applications from its 3 sub-streams such as the:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Anyone who wishes to apply to the EE system must apply under 1 of the EE sub-streams. However, each sub-stream has its qualifying criteria.
IRCC in its latest updates shared the resuming of EE FSW and CEC draws. This is because of the pauses in both FSW and CEC draws:
- Dec 23, 2020 – Last general draw held. 5000 applicants selected. CRS score was set at 468.
- Sep 14, 2021 – Last CEC draw held. 2000 ITAs issued. CRS score set at 462.
This temporary pause was also due to covid-19 restrictions. But it resulted in a huge application backlog and an immense rise in the job vacancy rate. And owing to the immediate labour market need and economic issues Canada is resuming FSW and CEC draws.
Because they understand if the pause continues then the labour market and economy of Canada might soon start to fall.
Why Understanding Express Entry FSW and CEC pathway for Canada PR is important now?
July is just around the corner with the great news of resuming paused EE draws. Thus, it is logical to apply to the fastest pathway for Canada PR. Canada has more than 100 economic immigration pathways apart from family and refugee programs.
But Canada’s Express Entry (EE) System is the top choice for all foreign skilled workers to settle permanently in Canada.
But who can qualify for the upcoming draws? To qualify for the same, you must meet the following terms as per the category you are applying to:
If applying to the EE FSW sub-stream
- Have a minimum of 67 qualifying CRS score as per the EE 6 selection factors.
- After qualifying to apply to FSW, launch your profile in the EE system.
- You will get a CRS rank as per the Comprehensive Ranking System.
- In periodic FSW draws (resuming in July) match or exceed the CRS cut-off.
- You get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for clearing the draw.
- Besides, submit a complete Canada PR application to IRCC.
- IRCC will process your application.
- If satisfactory, you will get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
If applying to the EE CEC sub-stream
- Have a minimum of 1 year (1560 hours) of work experience in Canada out of 3 years.
- Work experience must be in a NOC O, A, B job occupation.
- There is no education requirement. But to increase CRS rank you can show the same.
- Either show proof of education in Canada or submit an ECA report for foreign education.
- Also, must have a language skill level of :
- CLB 7 in English / French for NOC O or A job profiles.
- CLB 5 in English / French for NOC B job profiles.
- Besides, you must be admissible in Canada.
- Finally, you must agree to live in Canada. But outside the province of Quebec.
In addition, the EE System offers options for applicants who have a low CRS score. In case you get a low CRS rank then your chances of getting an ITA for Canada PR are lower. But you can do the following to raise your score:
- Get a job offer from Canada.
- Improve your language test results.
- Increase your level of education.
- Gain more work experience
- Apply to a province or territory for provincial nomination.
- And get extra 600 CRS points.
The EE system offers ease of access. And a quick and easy way to Canada PR. So, understanding Express Entry FSW and CEC pathway for Canada PR is important for you.