An individual might be able to get this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream if:
- They are the holder of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa and they satisfied the primary criteria for that visa.
- At the time of application, the individual must provide evidence with their online application that:
- They have at least vocational English (unless they are exempt from this requirement) or have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary and/or higher education institution where all of the tuitions was delivered in English
- They have worked for two years in the position their employer nominated them for while they held their Temporary Work (Skilled) visa as the visa holder who satisfied the primary criteria
- Their employer has nominated them for a permanent position under this stream and the nomination has been approved
- They meet the requirements for health and character.
Their skills do not need to be assessed because they have already worked for their nominating employer for two years in Australia.