Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa

This visa is for people who are looking for a pathway to live in New Zealand and who have a skill that’s needed by a New Zealand accredited employer. If an accredited employer offers a full-time work, the applicant will be able to get a visa to work here. If the applicant continues to work for that employer for 2 years, they will be able to apply to live in New Zealand permanently.

This visa allows to:

  • Work in New Zealand for the accredited employer who offers work.
  • Apply for residence after 2 years of working for an accredited employer.
  • Stay in New Zealand for a period of 30 months.
  • Travel in and out of New Zealand for 30 months.
  • Study for up to 3 months in any 12-month period

Visa Eligibility Conditions

  • Entry permission: An individual must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand.
  • Age: Must be off 55 years or under.
  • Keep visa in a valid passport: visa must be in a valid passport if any individual wants to travel in or outside NZ.
  • Family: An individual can’t include a partner or dependent children in the work visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to the applicant.

In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.

First of all, the applicant has to meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Must be in good health
  • Must be of good character
  • Must have good English language capabilities
  • Must be 55 years old or less
  • Must work in the specific occupation, for the specific accredited employer, and in the specific location detailed in the job offer that was the basis of the work visa application.

Accredited Employer:

An employer approved by Immigration New Zealand to employ workers under the Talent (Accredited Employers List) Work Immigration Instructions. Only accredited employers can support this visa.

If your employer loses accredited employer status after granted a work visa, the applicant can:

  • Work for another accredited employer
  • Apply for a variation of conditions, which if approved would allow them to work for an employer who is not an accredited employer.

Application for a Variation of Conditions or a Variation of Travel Conditions (INZ 1020)

For more information and eligibility requirement please Contact us or complete the Assessment Form and email us.