New Zealand’s educational institutions are well regarded throughout the world due to which the country attracts international students from across the globe. Apart from offering varying options of studies for international students in world ranked universities, the country also offers cheap cost of education and living. A Code of Practice that sets out standards for the care of international students in and out of the classroom was the first of its type in the world to be adopted by the New Zealand Government.
BENEFITS OF STUDING IN NEW ZELAND
- Globally recognised qualification – Internationally recognizedfor its exceptional educational standards and having an outstanding centrally managed quality assurance system is what makes New Zealand a provider for world-class education and research based studies.
- Wide range of programs and courses – All New Zealand’s universities offer a broad range of subjects for undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral (PhD) degrees in commerce, science and the humanities.
- Part time Work – Universities in New Zealand also allow students to work part time for 20 hours a week during an academic session and full time during summer vacation.
- Excellent Job Opportunities – New Zealand runs short off competent and skilled candidates and hence students have excellent chances and abundant opportunities.
- Attain a one year job search visa – an individual who successfully completes level 5 /level 6 fast track diplomas with minimum 16 months (4 semesters) or level 7 and above program with 1 year duration can avail the benefit of a one year job search visa.
- Pathway to permanent residency – Based on the study level after successful completion of a program an individual can search for a full-time job based on which they would get points to support their PR.
- Cost of living – In addition to tuition and insurance fees, students will need between $20,000 and $25,000 per year ($380–480 per week) for accommodation/rent, transportation costs, food expenses, internet usage, phone bills and entertainment
LIFE IN NEW ZELAND
New Zealand has always been well known for its breath-taking landscapes with picturesque locations Living in New Zealand offers each student an opportunity to develop with its multi-cultural society which makes it truly a grand experience. The country also provides the freedom to work and earn while studying which provides an enormous financial aid to students. Transport and networks are well established in the country and is easily accessible.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CHOOSE TO STUDY IN NEW ZELAND FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS
- Earn money while earning a Degree.
- International status for academic excellence.
- Internationally recognised degree and certificates.
- A comfortable, entertaining lifestyle.
- Flexible university environment for every students’ needs
- Vivacious, multicultural cities.
- Moral boosters for international students.
LIST OF DOCUMENT REQUIRED
- Letter of Acceptance from a Recognised University.
- English proficiency requirements g. IELTS, TOEFL
- A certified copy of your academic transcripts, educational certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.)
- Photo copies of first and last pages of your passport.
- Passport sized photographs.
Student intake period in New Zealand takes place in the month of July, February and September. Because visa procedure can take up to 6 to 8 months, it is advisable that students consider applying as early as possible.
GVI STUDENT SERVICES
- Advise choosing the right University or College.
- Help selecting the right study programs based on candidate’s academic profile and career interest.
- Help students with the admission to the College or University as per their choices.
- Help preparing the complete application for Student Visas.
- Help with the extensions of Study Permit.
- Help finding a job while studying or after finishing study.
- Help preparing the application package for Multiple Entry Visa.
- Help students with Permanent Residency.
Internationally recognized for its exceptional educational standards and having an outstanding centrally managed quality assurance system is what makes New Zealand a provider for world-class education and research based studies. Despite its location being isolated, New Zealand is a developed nation with great connections globally which makes it one of the most sought of destination for studies.
A Code of Practice that sets out standards for the care of international students, in and out of the classroom was the first of its type in the world to be adopted by the New Zealand Government.
Living in New Zealand offers each student an opportunity to develop with its multi-cultural society which makes it truly a grand experience. The country also provides the freedom to work and earn while studying which provides an enormous financial aid to students.
The following reasons can be considered to opt for New Zealand as a study destination:
- Internationally recognized qualification
- Wide range of programs and courses
- Work part-time while studying
- Attain a one-year job search visa
- Work-permit up to 2 to 4 years depending on the study
- Pathway to permanent residency
Did you know?
- New Zealand Universities rank in the world’s top 100 in 31 subjects.
- New Zealand education has been ranked 7th best in the World.
- New Zealand Universities are ranked in the top 3% in the World.
In order to study in New Zealand, an individual needs to apply for The Fee-Paying Student Visa for New Zealand. If a Guardian or a Partner wants to accompany or visit the student he/she can apply for a Visitor Visa, Guardian of student Visitor Visa or Partner of a Student Visitor Visa.
There are certain more visas that an individual can consider if they’d like to study, work and holiday simultaneously in New Zealand. To know more kindly consider looking into more Visa Options.
An Australian citizen/residents do not usually need a visa to travel to New Zealand unless they do not meet the character requirements.
The list of the accredited universities/colleges of New Zealand is given below. Click each link to explore the programs offered by each one of them. If you are not sure which program is right for you, please ask one of our experienced counselors to guide you.
- Auckland University
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Waikato University
Apart from the well-known Universities there are also accredited Polytechnic Institutes which can be considered for education. The list of the Polytechnic Institutes are given below:
Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics
- Ara Institute of Canterbury
- Bay of Plenty Polytechnic
- Eastern Institute of Technology
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Northland Polytechnic
- Otago Polytechnic
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
- UCOL(Universal College of Learning)
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Waiariki Institute of Technology
- Waikato Institute of Technology
- Wellington Institute of Technology
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki
- Whitireia Community Polytechnic
For more information and eligibility requirement please Contact us or complete the Assessment Form and email us.