Study in Quebec
A foreign student can apply to study in Quebec. To do so the applicant must meet terms such as:
- Firstly, have a Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI).
- Secondly, have a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
- Also, apply for a study permit to study in Quebec.
How to Apply?
To apply to study in Quebec meet the following terms:
- Firstly, meet the basic admission terms.
- Secondly, choose a designated learning centre and apply for a study program.
- Finally, submit a complete application with all supporting documents.
Get accepted by a Quebec educational institution.
Besides, to study in Quebec, the applicant’s foreign educational credential must be at par with Quebec’s educational credentials.
- Undergraduate Level – Foreign educational credentials must be at par with a Diploma of pre-university college studies (DCS).
- Two years of schooling following secondary school.
- College Level – Foreign educational credentials must be equal to a Diploma of Secondary Studies (DSS).
Have a minimum language skill level
To study in Quebec in English or French the applicant must have a minimum language skill level. However, the educational institutions will assess the same as per their discretion.
But, as per general terms, the applicant can submit language test results to prove the same. Besides, these test results must not be more than 2 years old at the time of applying.
Funds to support oneself in Quebec
All applicant’s who wish to stay in Quebec for any reason must get the ministers’ consent to do the same. So, an applicant who wants to study in Quebec on a work permit must do the same. Also, while requesting it, the applicant must give proof of being able to financially support itself and its accompanying family members.
|1 person below the age of 18||$6,569|
|1 person of 18 years of age or above||$13,134|
|2 people of 18 years of age or above||$19,264|
|1 person under the age of 18 and 1 person over the age of 18||$17,652|
|2 people above the age of 18 and 1 under the age of 18||$21,579|
|2 people above the age of 18 and 2 under the age of 18||$23,290|
Besides, to study in Quebec, the applicant must submit proof of funds along with its application.
Living in Quebec
To live in the province, the applicant must have the minister’s approval as well. But to do so meet the following terms:
- Pay all applicable fees.
- Must be admitted to an educational institution.
- Must meet all the terms that come with the CSQ issued for studying in the province.
- Study at the approved study level.
- The applicant’s main activity must be studying.
- Must have settlement funds to cover.
- Tuition fees
- Transportation costs (round trip from the country of origin)
- Settling-in expenses for the first year
- Living expenses for the period of stay
- Health and hospitalization insurance costs
Apply for Temporary Selection for Studies
To apply, meet terms such as:
- Firstly, submit a complete application online or offline.
- Secondly, submit all supporting documents required as per the applicant’s country or territory of stay/residence.
- Finally, pay all applicable fees.
Further, if the applicant meets all the terms, Quebec will issue a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies. Also, a CAQ is valid for the period of study program or as per the level of study up to a maximum of 49 months.
- Extension/renewal of study permit.
- Get a Post Graduation Work Permit to hold a temporary job in Quebec after completing the study program.
Settle permanently in Quebec after becoming a Quebec Graduate
Finally, the province helps foreign students who are now Quebec graduates to apply for permanent residence. But, to do so, they must apply as per the following steps:
- Firstly, apply to Quebec for permanent selection.
- Quebec Expereience Program
- Secondly, apply to Canada for permanent residence as per the Canada immigration programs.