Obtain citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis by their Citizenship-by-Investment Program
Why Immigrate to St. Kitts and Nevis?
A well-known tourist destination with a mild tropical climate, clear blue waters, and regular direct flights to Europe and North America, St. Kitts and Nevis is a highly sought-after location for foreigners to permanently reside in due to its stable and wealthy economy. The two-island Caribbean country in the West Indies boasts a high standard of living, excellent healthcare standards, a low tax regime, and a strong political infrastructure.
The St. Kitts and Nevis economic citizenship program was established in 1984 by means of foreign investment and is the oldest such program in the world. The program offers a highly effective and efficient immigrant investor scheme whereby the investor is able to gain a second passport and citizenship through naturalisation.
Main Benefits for Obtaining Citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program:
• Visa-free travel to 132 countries, including Hong Kong, Singapore, and the United Kingdom
• Applicant can apply for residency for spouse and dependents
• No personal income tax on worldwide income, net worth tax, gift tax, or estate duty tax
• Dual citizenship is allowed
• Fast application processing (6-10 months)
• Physical residency in the country is not required
• No requirement to be present during the application process or to attend an interview, unlike many other countries
Note: The obtainment of citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis is irrevocable.
In order to be qualified for citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. Hold no criminal record
2. Be in excellent health; the same applies to any family members included in the application
3. Have a high personal net worth
4. Make a significant economic contribution to the country
5. Be represented by a local licensed lawyer before the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit (CIU)
St. Kitts and Nevis provides foreign investors with two options to apply for second citizenship: to either invest in the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) by means of a cash investment, or make an investment in a real estate project.
Investments in the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF):
The SIDF is a non-profit organisation that was established by the government of St. Kitts and Nevis to support former sugar workers and the development of alternative industries.
Applicants are required to choose one of the four main categories of the SIDF program, as follows:
1. Single Application: Requires a non-refundable contribution of USD 250,000
2. Family Application (up to three dependents, e.g.: spouse and two children under 18): Requires a non-refundable contribution of USD 300,000
3. Family Application (up to five dependents, e.g.: spouse and four children under 18): Requires a non-refundable contribution of USD 350,000
4. Family Application (up to seven dependents, e.g.: spouse and six children under 18): Requires a non-refundable contribution of USD 450,000
Accounts of the SIDF are annually audited by the country’s largest audit firm and are publicly available.
Investment through the Real Estate Program
There are several conditions that apply to the real estate investment program for foreign investors.These include:
• A minimum investment of USD 400,000 in a government-approved real estate project
• The investment must be maintained for a period of no less than five (5) years
• The applicant must pay the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis an amount of USD 50,000 plus USD 25,000 for their spouse, USD 25,000 for each dependent child under 18, and USD 50,000 for each dependent child over 18
• The due diligence fee for the main applicant is USD 7,500 and USD 4,000 for any dependents over the age of 16 years
The investor is also liable to any other legal fees incurred throughout the process of purchasing real estate in the country.
Once the applicant has chosen the category, he/she then must deposit the full investment amount into a Government Escrow account. Their funds will be released to them upon approval of their residency application.
Applications can only be handled by an authorised local service provider or lawyer.
We will guide you through every step of the way to obtaining your second citizenship and passport. For more information on any of our services, please feel free to contact us.