Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780
Under the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780 an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen can apply. Also, this visa allows them to stay in Australia for a time of 3 to 5 years. And helps them reunite with their children.
Besides, the visa holder can further apply for these visas and stay in Australia for a period of up to 10 years. However, one can not work in Australia on this visa.
Duration of stay in Australia
This visa is not a permanent residence visa. And at the time of applying or holding the visa, an individual can not apply for a permanent or temporary Parent visa in Australia.
The visa allows the holder to stay in the country for a period of 3 to 5 years. And the duration of stay date/time will be specified on the visa grant letter.
Besides, the visa ends when:
- As per the date mentioned on the visa grant letter.
- In case, Australia cancels the visa.
- If the sponsorship is withdrawn. And you are unable to locate a new Parent Sponsor.
- If Australia cancels the sponsorship.
Staying longer in Australia
One can not extend the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780. As a result, the visa holder will have to apply for a new visa. Besides, even after that, an individual can only stay for a maximum time of 10 years.
However, to get a new Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780, the applicant must be outside Australia for a minimum of 90 days. After that, one can qualify to get this visa. But this term does not apply if you have Permission to Apply in Australia.
After holding this visa for 10 years, the holder will have only 2 choices:
- Leave Australia immediately, OR
- Apply for another Australian visa.
Inclusion of Family members
This visa does not allow the inclusion of family members in the visa application.
To get the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780, meet the following terms:
- To apply for this visa must have an approved Parent Sponsor.
- A parent sponsor’s household can hold one sponsorship at a time.
- Also, the sponsor can sponsor 2 parents per household.
Where to Apply?
To apply for this visa, an individual must be outside Australia. This term does not apply if one has Permission to Apply in Australia. But the applicant must not be in immigration clearance. Also, at the time of a decision being made, the applicant can be inside or outside Australia.
However, Australia does not entertain applicants who are in immigration clearance while a decision is being made on their application.
Permission to Apply in Australia
Permission to Apply in Australia permits an applicant to apply for the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780. But not in immigration clearance.
The applicant’s sponsor must do the following to get Permission to Apply in Australia:
- Request in the visa application form, or
- At the time of processing of the sponsorship application, or
- Before the filing of the visa application.
After getting the same, one must apply within 60 days of sponsorship approval.
In case of refusal, the applicant will have to apply within 6 months of the sponsorship approval. If not, then the applicant will have to apply for a different kind of visa to stay in Australia.
Travelling to and from Australia
The Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780 allows the visa holder to go in and out of Australia as many times as they want.
The visa holder is legally bound to follow all the legal terms as stated on the visa. Also, during the stay in Australia, the visa holder must always maintain the law and order.
The visa is digitally linked to the passport.
Who can Apply to the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780?
To qualify to apply for this visa, an applicant must:
- Be related to the Parent sponsor as their biological, legal (includes adoption) parent, step-parent, or parent-in-law.
- Also, must be 18 years of age or above.
- Must have a Parent Sponsor from Australia.
- If there are any prior visa obligations, then the applicant must fulfil the same.
- Meet both health and character terms for the visa.
- Have enough funds to support yourself in Australia.
- Agree to live temporarily in Australia. Also, you must meet all the terms as stated on your visa.
- Have required health insurance to support your medical needs while you stay in Australia.
- Must not owe any money to the Australian govt.
Steps to apply for the Sponsored Parent Temporary Visa Subclass 780
- Check your eligibility.
- Collect all supporting documents required to be summited with your visa application.
- Apply online. Also, the applicant must be outside Australia within the 6 months of approval of the Parent Sponsorship. But to apply from Australia one must have Permission to Apply in Australia.
- After applying the applicant will get a notification regarding the reception of the visa application and the supporting documents.
- After successful processing of the application, the new visa holder will get:
- Visa grant number.
- Date of commencement of the visa.
- Terms of the visa conditions.