The Special Category visa (subclass 444) is a temporary visa that allows a person to stay and work in Australia as long as they remain a New Zealand citizen.
An individual might be eligible for this visa if they:
- Are a New Zealand citizen who holds a New Zealand passport that is in effect and
- Meet specific health and character requirements
An individual might be able to get this visa on arrival to Australia if they :
- Are a New Zealand citizen
- Present a valid New Zealand passport
- Present a completed incoming passenger card
- Meet specific health and character requirements.
What this visa allows:
This visa allows an individual to:
- Enter and stay in Australia and
- Work and study in Australia.
Prior traveling to Australia and applying for this visa an individual should:
- Have a valid New Zealand passport
- Be a citizen of New Zealand
- Ensure that they are not a behaviour concern non-citizen or a health concern non-citizen.
In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.