Skilled Workers Outside PEI
The Skilled Workers Outside PEI is an employer-driven stream and selects applicants who are already employed by a PEI employer, to fill high skilled job positions. Besides, through this stream applicants can apply for a nomination to apply for a Canada PR.
Who can apply to the Skilled Workers Outside PEI stream of PEI PNP?
To apply to the Skilled Workers Outside PEI stream, meet the following terms:
- Firstly, have a full-time, long-term (permanent or minimum of 2-years) job offer from a PEI employer in NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B;
- Secondly, have a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience within 5 years;
- Also, must have a valid work permit;
- Have legal status in the country of residence.
- If needed attend an interview;
- Have a minimum 2-year post-secondary diploma or degree;
- Fall between the age group of 18 and 59;
- Besides, provide proof of language skills
- Give test results of IELTS/TEF/NCLC/TCF with minimum CLB/NCLC 4 level; or
- Submit PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration signed by the employer; or
- Also, give documents from an internationally recognised agency. So it can prove that the principal language studied by you was English or French.
- Further, give proof of settlement funds;
- Finally, show a genuine intent to live and settle in PEI.
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
An EOI is not a formal application to PEI. But shows your interest in applying to the program. If you meet the above terms, then create an EOI profile.
EOI Points Grid
To submit an EOI, meet the terms of the EOI grid. The grid is divided into 6 areas. Each grid gives points as per the data that you give. Also, the max points that you can get are 100.
|EOI Grid Points (Maximum 100 points)|
|Age||Maximum 15 points|
All applicants must show proof of job-ready English. Because PEI PNP needs all applicants to be able to communicate in English to live, work, and settle in Canada. An EOI profile gets an extra 10 points for giving proof of language skills in both English and French.
To do so you can give test results for English/French showing skills in 4 key areas such as Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
So, you can give test results for IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, and TCF with the required CLB level (English) or NCLC level (French). Besides, these test results must not be more than 2 years old at the time of applying.
|Language||Maximum 20 points|
|PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration signed by the employer||20|
|Education||Maximum 15 points|
|Master’s or PhD.||15|
|Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years full-time study period)||12|
|Post-secondary diploma (minimum 1-year full-time study period)||10|
|Work Experience||Maximum 20 points|
|Up to 2 years||0|
|Employment||Maximum 15 points|
|Working with a permanent job position and a valid work permit in PEI.||N.A|
|Your job offer is related to the field of education.||10|
|Must have foreign qualification verified by an authority in the province.
Note – Not to be confused with an ECA.
|Minimum 1-year full-time, regular work experience in PEI.||5|
|Adaptability||Maximum 15 points|
|A close family member in PEI, who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen. Also, it must be living in PEI for a minimum of 12 months.||5|
|Spouse/common-law partner and/or dependent children have English/French language skill level of CLB/NCLC 6 or higher.||5|
|Currently, own a residential property in PEI for a minimum period of 1 year continuously.||5|
|Completed graduation from a PEI approved educational institute.||5|
|Minimum 3 years of work experience within 5 years by spouse/common-law partner.||5|
|Dependent children are admitted to a PEI education institution for a minimum of continuous 6 months.||