AAIP Rural Renewal Stream
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) Rural Renewal Stream helps in hiring foreign skilled workers for rural areas of Alberta. Also, this program is community-driven where rural communities get to hire skilled workers who want to live, work, and settle in their communities.
Further, the program aims to meet labour shortage needs and grow its economy.
AAIP Rural Renewal Stream – Designated communities
Under the Rural Renewal Stream, communities that are designated by Alberta can take part in this program. To do so a rural community must first meet the terms such as:
- Firstly, a rural community must have less than 100,000 people.
- Also, small rural communities in the same region can partner up to apply to AAIP.
- Besides, communities must not come under the Calgary and Edmonton census metropolitan area.
- Secondly, from the community, 2 or more employers wish to hire foreign skilled workers. And also have a minimum of 12 months, regular, non-seasonal, full-time, employment offer.
- Also, the community must have an endorsement letter of support. This must be from the community or town council in the community.
- Besides, the community designation application must have signatures from and must be submitted by the economic development organisation (EDO). Further, this organisation’s aim must be to foster economic development.
- Also, this includes an economic development plan or similar document.
- Finally, must have an endorsement letter of support from an organisation that provides settlement. Also, this organisation must be in collaboration with a community to get skilled workers and help them in settling in the new community.
If a community meets all the terms, then it will be designated by Alberta to take part in the Rural Renewal Stream.
Besides, after being designated, participating communities can hire foreign skilled workers.
Who can apply to this stream?
If you want to apply to this stream, then you need to meet the following terms:
- Firstly, agree to live, and work in the community in Alberta.
- Secondly, must have a valid community endorsement letter from EDO.
- Also, must have an Endorsement of candidate letter from the community.
- Besides, have a valid, full-time job offer, or contract from the community. Also, the job offer or contract must be:
- Full-time, continuous, paid in the community.
- Work hours must be for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Job must be for a minimum period of 12 months or more.
- Wages and benefits must be at par with the minimum set wage, and
- Match the terms or offer more wage as in LMIA; but
- If LMIA is exempt, the worker must get more or the lowest wage rate applicable for the occupation all over Alberta industries.
- Besides, if your occupation is in a compulsory trade then you must have the right certificate/license/registration to work in that occupation.
- Further, Childcare workers in Alberta must have a Level 2 or Level 3 Early Childhood Educator certification.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in your occupation.
- Besides, applicants who have a Post Graduate Work Permit and have completed studies from a DLI in Canada do not need to meet the minimum work-experience requirement.
- In case your job offer is in NOC O, A, or B occupation.
- Language skill level in English/French – Minimum 5 bands each in all 4 skill areas.
- In case your job offer is for NOC C or D occupation
- Language Skill level in English/French – Minimum 4 bands each in all 4 skill areas.
- Besides, language test results can not be more than 2 years old.
- Either has a minimum of Canadian high school education, or a foreign degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Submit an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for foreign education.
- Besides, applicants who have a Canadian education or have a valid Alberta Qualification Certificate or a trade certificate need not give an ECA report.
- Finally, have settlement funds to support yourself and your family members.
AAIP Rural Renewal Stream – Settlement funds terms
To settle in a rural community, applicants must show that they have enough funds to support themselves and their family members. The following are the requirements for the same:
Community Population Size
|No of family members||1000 or less||1000 to 30,000||30,000 to 99,000|
|Funds requirement for each extra family member||$2,404||$2,735||$2,989|
Selection of applicants
Rural communities under the Rural Renewal Stream select applicants who meet the qualifying terms. In addition, they can also look at a certain skill(s) or target a specific occupation for selection.
Moreover, after selecting an applicant, communities give an endorsement of candidate letter. Because with this letter, the selected applicant can apply to the AAIP Rural Renewal Stream.
But to apply, you must first meet the qualifying terms. And after that, you can apply to the stream via the AAIP online portal. If you qualify under the stream, then you will get a nomination.
Once you get a nomination you can apply to IRCC for permanent residency in Canada. Moreover, you can also request a letter of support while your Canada PR visa application is processing. Because this will help you to start working in your community in Alberta.