Regular Skilled Worker Program

Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP)

The Regular Skilled Worker Program is for applicants who want to move and work permanently in Quebec. So, to do so, the applicants must show an interest in doing the same. Further, if the applicants’ profile meets the needs of the province then they will get an invite to apply for permanent selection. On the basis of this, the applicants can further apply to IRCC for permanent residence in Canada.

Terms to Apply for Regular Skilled Worker Program

To qualify under this stream, the applicant must meet its selection factors such as:

  • Training level
  • Work Experience
  • Age
  • Language Skills – English and French
  • Stay in Quebec and family connection
  • Qualification of the spouse or de facto spouse
  • Valid and permanent job offer from Quebec
  • Number of children accompanying below the age of 22
  • Sufficient funds

Further, the applicant must have a minimum qualifying score as per the above Points Grid for Regular Skilled Worker Program. 

Training Level

The applicant must have a minimum job-ready training level and professional skills. So, it can perform all the job duties of its job profile in the province.


Under this factor, the applicant must have a diploma before applying to this program. In the case of a foreign diploma, it will be assessed as per Quebec’s education system.

To qualify, one must have a minimum of a general diploma or a vocational high school diploma in Quebec.

Quebec Diploma

This refers to:

  • A diploma issued to college secondary students by the Ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) or by a Québec university.
    • The training must have been done either in Quebec or abroad.


  • An Attestation of Collegial Studies issued by a MEES recognised college. Also, the training must be full time, 1 year or more, and must have been completed in Québec.

Besides, the following are also considered as Quebec diplomas:

  • Canadian diploma
  • Foreign diploma recognised by Quebec regulatory body as at par with Quebec’s education system. Besides, this does not include a medical diploma.
  • Foreign diploma or training that allows the applicant to practise a regulated profession or trade in Quebec.
  • Training certificate under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA).
  • Foreign diploma or training that falls under an MRA that allows the applicant to practise a regulated trade in Quebec.

Area of training

This refers to the List of Areas of Training that results in a diploma and is recognised by Quebec. Also, as per the Regular Skilled Worker Program, the applicant will get points as per it’s diploma in a certain training area.

Work Experience

Recognised Work Experience

The work experience must be:

  • Gained within 5 years before applying to the program.
  • In occupation which is above NOC skill level D.
  • Legally obtained.

Work experience will be considered as valid as per the following conditions:

  • Work experience in paid, full-time, or part-time jobs.
  • Full time or part-time, paid, or unpaid internships which are a part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma.
    • Must have been gained 5 years before applying to this program.

Language Skills


Under this factor, the applicant can get a maximum of 16 points whereas the spouse can only get a maximum of 6 points. Also, these points are awarded to applicants who have a minimum of level 7 (advanced intermediate) of the Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français des personnes immigrantes adultes or level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Besides, to prove the same the applicant must submit language test results or diplomas for the same.

Quebec accepts the following French language tests and diplomas:

  • Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Paris Île-de-France (CCIP-IDF) – Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ) of the;
  • Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP) – Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCF-Québec) ;
  • CCIP-IDF – Test d’évaluation du français (TEF);
  • CCIP-IDF – Test d’évaluation du français pour le Canada (TEF Canada);
  • CIEP – Test de connaissance du français (TCF);
  • CIEP – Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF);
  • CIEP – Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF).


Under this factor, the applicant must have Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) level 5 (intermediate). Also, submit test results for IELTS (International English Language Testing System).

Sufficient Funds

Under this factor, an applicant who wants to move to Quebec must have a minimum of $3,243 to support themselves for the first 3 months. If any family members (spouse or de facto spouse and/or children) are accompanying, have additional funds to support them during their stay in the province.

Funds required to support the basic needs of the family unit
Family Unit One Adult Two Adult
No Children $3,243 $4,756
1 child (less than 18 years of age) $4,358 $5,328
2 children (less than 18 years) $4,919 $5,750
3 children (less than 18 years) $5,481 $6,173

Besides, under this factor, the applicant must sign a contract to prove that the applicant can meet the needs of itself and their family for the first 3 months.

Job offer from a Quebec employer

Under this factor, a Quebec employer must hire the applicant as a permanent foreign worker based on a valid permanent job offer.


Application Process

Once the applicant qualifies to apply they must submit an Expression of Interest profile on the Arrima portal. But an EOI is not a formal application but shows the applicant’s interest in moving to the province to settle and work permanently.

Apply for Permanent Selection

If the applicant meets the above terms and has a qualifying score, then they must:

  • Firstly, apply to immigrate to Quebec through the Arrima portal. To do so:
    • Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile.
    • Get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration to apply for permanent selection.
  • Secondly, apply for permanent residence to Canada government after getting a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate).


Apply for Permanent Residence in Canada

After getting approval from Quebec, the foreign applicant must apply for a Canada PR. To do the same the applicant must:

Finally, the Canadian govt will assess the application and if satisfactory will issue a Canada PR visa.