To be eligible for this program, the applicant must:
- Intend to live in the Province of Quebec
- Come to Québec to create his/her own job by practicing a profession or trade on his/her own account.
- Have net assets of at least C$100,000 that have been legally obtained with, where applicable, his/her married or common-law spouse provided he/she is accompanying the applicant
- Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade he/she plan to practice in Québec.
Assessment of application will also take into account other factors, such as:
- Applicant’s age and the age of spouse, where applicable
- The nature and duration of the training
- Language skills
- Personal qualities and applicant’s knowledge of Québec.
Please ensure the following before considering the Self-Employed Worker Program:
- Before making an official immigration application (CSQ), which requires the payment of non-refundable processing fees, applicant should evaluate the chances of being selected by Québec.
- However, applicants who intend to practise a regulated trade or profession in Québec as self-employed workers run the risk of having their application refused unless they have received a preliminary evaluation of their qualifications from the appropriate regulatory body. It should be further noted that only some regulatory bodies issue this type of attestation and it is incumbent upon the applicant to initiate the necessary procedures.