In order to qualify under Quebec Investor category, the individual(s) must:
- Have, alone or with your accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least C$1,600,000 obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.; and
- Have management experience* in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;; and
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest (Investment Agreement) C$800,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investors program.
The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills
Meet the medical and security requirements. Medical examination and security and criminal checks which will be conducted both on the principal applicant and his/her family members.
The investment of C$800,000 for a five year term is guaranteed by the Gouvernement du Québec. At the end of the five year term, the broker or trust company will, within 30 days, reimburse the applicant C$800,000 without interest. However, the amount may vary if the applicant secured financing for the investment. Revenues generated by the applicant’s investment will be used to finance two Québec business assistance programs. The investor along with the family members gets the Permanent Residency of Canada leading to Canadian Citizenship. Under this program, the investor must live in Quebec.
While choosing this program, either of the following two options can be opted:
- You can make a government guaranteed investment of C$400,000 of your own funds with a financial intermediary. Those funds are kept by the government for five years. After the completion of five years the whole amount is returned to you with 0% interest
- A one-time non-refundable financing charge of C$220,000 can be paid by you to a government-approved financial intermediary. The financial intermediary will then make an investment of CAD$800,000 with the Government of Quebec on your behalf
Management Experience is defined as the exercise, for at least 2 years in the last 5 years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma