To qualify under the Quebec Entrepreneur category, the applicant must:
- Have net assets of at least CAD$300,000 that has been obtained legally obtained with, where applicable, his/her married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you.
- Have at least 2 years’ Business Experience* in running a business acquired during the 5 years preceding the date application was submitted in a lawful and profitable business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) that was managed alone or with his/her accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, controlling at least 25% of the capital equity.
Assessment of the application will take into account other factors such as:
- Applicant’s age and the age of spouse, where applicable
- The nature and duration of the training
- Language skills
- Personal qualities and applicant’s knowledge of Québec.
- Depending on the program component selected, the steps taken to acquire a business in Québec or ability to carry out a business project will be the key element in the assessment.
After getting the Permanent Residency and upon arrival in Québec, the applicant must comply, for at least 1 year during the 3 years after obtaining permanent resident status, with the following conditions:
- Create or acquire, in whole or in part, an agricultural, commercial or industrial business established in Québec where you hold at least 25% of the capital equity with a value of at least C$100,000
- Employ, on a permanent basis and for a minimum of 30 hours a week, a Québec resident other than yourself and accompanying family members. (The agricultural entrepreneur is exempted from the obligation to create or maintain full-time employment)
- Participate in the daily management and operations of the business.
Experience in running a business is defined as the actual and full-time assuming of the responsibilities and duties related to the planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources, provided that such responsibilities and duties are not assumed in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.