PEI PNP: International Graduate Stream
The PEI PNP: International Graduate Stream is an employer-driven stream. Also, it helps the island to get skilled workers who have graduated from a PEI recognized post-secondary institution.
Who can apply to the PEI PNP: International Graduate Stream?
To apply, meet the terms such as:
- Firstly, have a post-secondary degree or diploma from a publicly funded PEI recognized educational institution; and
- Secondly, a full-time, permanent, or minimum 2-years job offer from a PEI employer;
- Also, have a valid Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) and legal status in Canada;
- Besides, if needed, attend an interview;
- Must also have job-ready English/French language skills for the job offered;
- Further, fall between the age group of 18 and 59;
- Moreover, have proof of settlement funds;
- Finally, show intent to live and settle in the province.
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
An EOI is not a formal application to PEI. But shows your interest in applying to the program. If you meet the above terms, then create an EOI profile.
EOI Points Grid
To submit an EOI, meet the terms of the EOI grid. Besides, the grid is divided into 6 areas. Also, the maximum points that you can get are 100.
|EOI Grid Points (Maximum 100 points)|
|Work Experience||N. A|
|Age||Maximum 25 points|
This stream does not specify language skills terms. But, the need for language skills depends on the job offer the applicant accepts from a Canadian employer.
Also, the language skill terms depend on the NOC code of the job such as:
- 0 and A – CLB/NCLC 7 Level and up
- B – CLB/NCLC 5 Level
- C and D – CLB/NCLC 4 Level
Besides, this factor is not accounted for in the EOI system for this stream. But is considered for the overall approval of the candidate.
|Education||Maximum 35 points|
|Master’s or PhD.||35|
|Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years full-time study period)||20|
|Post-secondary diploma (minimum 1-year full-time study period)||20|
This stream does not specify work experience criteria. So, an applicant can apply, as soon as they get a job offer and support from a Canadian employer, for the immigration program.
|Employment||Maximum 20 points|
|Working with a permanent job position and a valid work permit in PEI.||5|
|Your job offer is related to the field of education.||10|
|Must have foreign qualification verified by an authority in the province.
Note – Not to be confused with an ECA.
|Minimum 1-year full-time, regular work experience in PEI.||5|
|Adaptability||Maximum 20 points|
|A close family member in PEI, who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen and has been living in PEI for a minimum of 12 months.||5|
|Spouse/common-law partner and/or dependent children have English/French language skill level of CLB/NCLC 6 or higher.||5|
|Currently, own a residential property in PEI for a minimum period of 1 year continuously.||5|
|Completed graduation from a PEI approved educational institute.||5|
|Minimum 3 years of work experience within 5 years by spouse/common-law partner.||5|