If any individual is from Kiribati, Tuvalu or Fiji, we encourage them to register for a ballot to come to New Zealand. If the registration is drawn from the ballot, they may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand and enjoy the unique lifestyle there.
This visa allows to:
- Live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely if granted a residence visa
- Include partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in the residence application – if first included them in your ballot registration.
Visa eligibility conditions
If granted a visa, there are conditions that must meet. These visa conditions are described below.
- Must apply for entry permission before arriving in New Zealand.
- The applicant’s, family must have been included in the resident visa application for them to come to New Zealand.
- Must between 18 -45 years of age.
- Visa must be in a valid passport.
Things to note
- The applicant or his/her partner must have a job offer that pays enough to support them in New Zealand.
- The applicant must to be able to read, write and speak English.
- There is certain quota which is followed for selecting candidates for this visa:
- 75 Kiribati citizens
- 75 Tuvaluan citizens
- 250 Tongan citizens
- 250 Fijian citizens
In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.