Ontario holds first draw for Masters and PhD stream applicants
Aug 18, 2021: Ontario holds first draw for Masters and PhD stream applicants
In one of a kind draws, Ontario holds first draw for Masters and PhD stream applicants. The province issued 479 ITAs to qualifying applicants. Also, the details of the same are as follows:
- OINP Masters Graduate Stream – 402 ITAs and EOI score set at 39.
- OINP PhD Graduate Stream – 77 ITAs and EOI score set at 17.
OINP’s above two mentioned streams are for applicants who wish to get a nomination. If you have an ITA in this draw, then it means the following:
- Have applied under either the Master’s or PhD stream of OINP.
- Submitted an EOI application online.
- Have a 1-year master’s degree or a 2 year PhD degree from a recognised Ontario university.
- For Master’s – minimum of CLB/NCLC 7 or higher for English/French language skill level.
- Are living in Ontario for the past 1 year within a total of 2 years.
- Have settlement funds.
- Agree to live in Ontario.
- Besides, at the time of applying you must be either living in Ontario with legal status or are outside Canada.
- Have applicable, have legal status in Canada.
- Further, you must apply to OINP within 2 years of getting either your Master’s or PhD degree.
- Finally, have a qualifying EOI score.
Once you get a nomination from Ontario, you can further apply to IRCC for a Canada PR. After getting an ITA to apply for permanent residence in Canada, you must submit a complete application within 60 days. Because your ITA is valid for 60 days. IRCC will then process your application and if found satisfactory will grant you PR for Canada.