The Occupation-in-Demand substream is for skilled workers:
- Who does not have a job offer in Saskatchewan
- Are highly skilled in an in-demand occupation
- Meet the terms of the program
To apply, you must:
- Either be living outside Canada or have legal status in Canada
- Not be a refugee
- Have a minimum of 60 points or more, in the International Skilled Worker Points Assessment Grid.
- Language skills with a minimum skill level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or more.
- Must have a degree, diploma, or certificate that is at par with the Canadian education system.
- Must have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Because this proves that a foreign degree, diploma, or certificate is at par with Canadian educational credentials.
- Also, as a part of their study program, applicants who have finished trades or job training must apply for Saskatchewan licensure.
- Have work experience in a high skilled occupation. This occupation must not fall under the excluded occupations list.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year full-time (minimum 30 hours per week), paid work experience in a skilled occupation within 10 years. Also, this work experience must link with your field of education.
- At the time of application, the work experience must be in an in-demand NOC 0, A, B, and C occupation.
- Also, the applicant’s work experience must link with its occupation and education.
- Submit proof of eligibility to apply for licensure or Proof of Professional Status.
- Besides, you must have proof of sufficient settlement funds and a settlement plan.