NL PNP Skilled Worker stream
The NL PNP Skilled Worker Stream is for skilled workers who have the skills to successfully settle and benefit the province. Also, NL PNP selects applicants who are currently working or have a valid job offer from an employer in the province.
Terms for applying to the NL PNP Skilled Worker stream
To apply to this stream you must meet the following terms such as;
- Minimum 2 years full-time job or job offer, with the scope of extension in employment; and
- The job offer must be from an eligible Newfoundland and Labrador employer, and the job/offer must provide a salary and benefits as per the prevailing wage rate and employment standards in the province; also
- Short-term or contractual job for 12 months or lesser with no scope of extension in employment do not qualify;
- Must have the qualification, education level, certificate, training etc. to do the job;
- Fall under the age group of 21 to 51;
- At the time of application, you must have a valid work permit with 4 months of validity remaining, or can apply for one;
- Show an intent to live and settle in the province;
- Have proof of settlement funds;
- Have job-ready English or French to perform job duties. Also, jobs from the NOC C and D level must meet the minimum language skills terms for the program;
- If you are a refugee claimant with a pending application to remain in Canada then you can apply to NL PNP if you can prove that you have valid Canadian work experience;
- In case you have a 10% business share in the business you are employed then your share can not be more than 10%.