The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa

The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461) allows someone who is not a New Zealand citizen to live in Australia with a family member who:

The individual can be in or outside Australia when they apply for this visa.


An individual might be able to get this visa if:

The individual must be related to the New Zealand citizen as one of the following:

  • Their partner
  • Their child/step-child or their partner’s child/step-child
  • The dependent child of theirs or their partner’s child/step-child.

The visa application charges are listed in Fees and Charges

Including family members in the application:

An individual can include their child/step-child or their partner’s child/step-child in their visa application at the time of lodgement.

These family members will need to provide evidence that they are members of the family unit of the New Zealand citizen. They must also be able to meet Australia’s health and character requirements.

What does this visa allow for: 

This visa allows an individual to:

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Travel to, enter and remain in Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.

In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.

For more information and eligibility requirement please Contact us or complete the Assessment Form and email us.