New Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 Shared
Dec 08, 2022: New Quebec Immigration Plan 2023 Shared
Quebec recently shared its immigration plan for 2023 on December 08, 2022. And is all set to invite up to 49,500 to 52,500 immigrants in 2023 for permanent residency in Canada.
Selected people will first, get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) via economic immigration programs such as the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) and Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) among others. And will be able to later apply to IRCC for a Canada PR Visa.
A complete breakdown of Immigration Targets
|Quebec Immigration Plan 2023||Results||2022 Targets||Admissions to September 30, 2022||2023 Targets|
|Other categories economic||189||126||600||800||262||37%||0||100|
|Refugees and alike||4,187||7,295||6,900||7,500||5,645||78%||6,900||7,500|
|Selected overseas refugees||1,731||1,611||4,400||4,700||1,973||43%||4,400||4,700|
|Refugees taken in the state charge||401||974||1,650||1,700||1,020||61%||1,650||1,700|
|Quebec selection share||59%||61%||74%||74%||63%||–||74%||74%|
|Economic immigration share||51%||53%||65%||65%||57%||–||65%||65%|
|French-speaking immigrants’ portion||60%||69%||62%||62%||61%||–||66%||66%|
Quebec: Immigration Plan 2023 selection for CSQ
Economic immigration: from 32,000 to 33,900 people.
- Skilled workers: 28,000 to 29,500 people.
- Business Category: 4,000 to 4,300 people.
- Other Economic Class: 0 to 100 people.
Family reunification: from 10,200 to 10,600 people.
Refugees and alike: 6,900 to 7,500 people.
- Overseas Refugees 4,400 and 4,700 people in 2023.
- This includes 1,650-1,700 state-assisted refugees and
- 2,750-3,000 collectively sponsored refugees.
- Locally recognised refugees (including dependants overseas): 2,500 and 2,800 people in 2023.
Other Immigrants: 400 to 500 admissions regular planned targets.
Besides, as per the new immigration targets, we can see updates such as.
- Firstly, Quebec will invite 65% of people via the economic categories. This also means that up to 33,900 people will benefit from Quebec Economic Immigration Programs.
- Also, the province will select 29,500 skilled workers and 4,300 business people.
- Besides, we can expect the remaining 18,100 people to get permanent selection via other immigration pathways such as family reunification, refugee programs etc.
What is the aim of the new 2023 immigration plan?
Everyone is aware that the French-speaking province follows its own immigration system. This is because the province created its immigration ministry in 1968. But with continuous efforts to gain control Quebec was able to sign the Quebec-Canada accord in 1991. Thus, they have complete power to select foreign skilled workers as per their own terms/targets and economic needs. And releases yearly immigration plans. Instead of the rest of Canada, which recently shared its Immigration Targets for 2023-2025.
However, even if Quebec selects its foreign immigrants, IRCC holds the right to accept or reject a visa application.
The 2023 immigration plan has been tabled under the current premier François Legault. And remains close to the Quebec 2022 immigration targets. This is because the Coalition Avenir Quebec (CAQ) won again as the governing party with a majority. Also, CAQ aims to improve the selection and francisation of applicants. In addition, the party aims to safeguard the French language in the province.
Thus, we can see the 2023 Quebec immigration plan focuses on selecting applicants with French language skills.
Further, the Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration (MIFI) is expecting the following:
- 79% of immigrants through economic immigration pathways will know the French language in 2023.
- Also, 66% of immigrants entering Quebec from the rest of the immigration pathways will have the same.
In 2022, the Quebec Immigration topic has been widely discussed in the provincial election. And the current premier François Legault too in his campaign shared that he will be admitting only 50,000 applicants every year. This is because the current premier feels that it is difficult for Quebec to admit a higher number than this as the integration of newcomers who need to learn the French language into Quebec society is tough.
Apply with GVI! Settle hassle-free in Canada.
Be it Quebec or the rest of Canada, if you wish to move overseas then Global Vision Immigration is one name you can bank upon. Let our visa experts guide you from qualifying to apply for a Canada Visa to settling peacefully in Canada.
So, what are you waiting for? Because the right time to become a Canada PR card holder is now!
Free Assessment. Contact Us to know more.