New Brunswick Skilled Worker with Employer Support

Skilled Worker with Employer Support (SWES)

Who can apply under this stream?

This stream selects skilled workers who have a full-time, permanent job offer from a New Brunswick employer. If you want to apply to the Skilled Worker with Employer Support (SWES) stream, then you must meet the following terms:

  • Must be between the age of 22 and 55 years.
  • Submit proof of language skills. To do so submit test results for English – CELPIP/IELTS, French – TCF/TEF. Also, have a minimum language skill level of CLB 4 if your job falls under NOC C or D skill level.
  • Have a minimum of higher-secondary education.
  • Must have the education, skills, certificate/license to hold a job in New Brunswick.
  • Have a valid job offer from an employer in the province. Besides, your employer must have a business that has been running for at least 1 year. Also, you need to show that your future employer is promising to hire you after your Canada immigration.
  • Also, your job offer must be under NOC Skill Level: NOC 0, A, or B, or NOC C (1, 3, 7, 8, or 9), or NOC D (1, 3, 7, 8, or 9).
  • Show an intent to live and work in the province.
  • Must have a total score of 50 from the selection factors.

NB PNP Skilled Worker with Employer Support – Selection Factors

After meeting the above details, you must  score a minimum of 50 as per the following selection factors:


Age Points (max 10)
22 – 24 years 5
25 – 55 years 10

Language Skills

Skill Ability English French
Advanced Level Perfect command of the language. 9 9
Intermediate Level Good command over the language. 7 7
Basic Level Basic command over the language. 4 4

Education Level

Level Terms Points
Post-graduate studies Master’s degree from a college/university.

PhD degree from college/university

Post-secondary studies A full-time Bachelor’s degree (min. 3 years) from college/university.

A full-time diploma in a specific trade (min. 2 years)

Secondary studies A high school diploma or other formal training. 10

Work Experience

Work Experience (within 5 years) Points
5 years 10
4 years 08
3 years 06
2 years 04
1 year 02



Adaptability 25 points
If you or your spouse/ common-law partner have relations who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens. 10
You have proof of at least 1 year of post-secondary studies in New Brunswick.


You have proof of at least 2 years of post-secondary studies in New Brunswick.






Your New Brunswick work experience is at least 1 year within 5 years of working.


Your New Brunswick work experience is at least 2 years within 5 years of working.






Your spouse/ common-law partner has work experience of min 6 months in NB. 05
Department of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) gives you a positive LMIA.


Your employer must actively take part in the hiring process of foreign nationals in NBPNP. And needs to prove that Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot fill your job profile.

You can also show an extra job offer which is separate from the primary job offer in the province. Your second skilled job offer must be in NOC Skill Level and have a valid diploma or trade certificate. 05

What are the steps you need to follow to apply under the Skilled Worker with Employer Support stream?


Step 1

You need to give an application to the New Brunswick Provincial Nomination Program. In this step, you need to submit:

  1. An original copy of NBPNP form.
  2. A photocopy of all the IRCC forms.
  3. Any supporting documents (if any).
  4. You need to pay a non-refundable fee of CAD 250.

Note: NBPNP can anytime ask you to provide extra information during the processing of your application.


Step 2

In this step, NBPNP will give their final decision. If you clear the selection process, then NBPNP will forward your profile to IRCC for further processing.


Step 3

After you get a Canadian permanent residence visa you must contact NBPNP. You need to give your new home address and phone number within 30 days of coming to Canada.


Who can not apply to NBPNP SWES Stream?

You cannot apply in this program if:

  1. Your application is in processing in other Canada immigration program.
  2. You do not have valid residence proof.
  3. Your humanitarian and compassionate claim is in process or not applicable in Canada.
  4. Canada denies your refugee claim.
  5. You are under a removal order in Canada.
  6. Canada does not allow you to enter the country.
  7. You are in full-time post-secondary education.
  8. Are working as a live-in caregiver.
  9. Are a part-time, seasonal, or casual worker.