Post Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream (PGES)
This stream helps New Brunswick university/community college graduates, who have a business, to apply for permanent residence. To apply under the New Brunswick Post Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). Besides an EOI is not a formal application but shows your interest in applying to the program. Moreover, the PGES stream uses the EOI system to check your eligibility. After that at score your profile. However, if you meet all the terms of the program then NB PNP shall select your profile to apply for nomination for a Canada PR.
Who can apply?
To apply, meet the following terms:
- Firstly, must be between the age of 22 to 40 years.
- Secondly, have a minimum language skill level of CLB 7 in English/French.
- Must score a minimum of 65 out of 100 in the PGES points system.
- Have at least 2 years (15hours of class per week), NB university/community college, post-secondary degree, or diploma.
- Must be living in NB during your study period. Also, distance learning programs or compressed study programs are not valid.
- Further, Are the owner and are running a business in NB for a minimum of 1 year. Also, must have 100% ownership of your business.
- Also, have a valid Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
- Besides, prove your intent and funds for living and working in the province.
New Brunswick Post Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream (PGES) – EOI Factors
|Factors||Points (max 100)|
|The profitability of your Business to the province||10|
|Less than 21 years||0|
|22 – 23 years||10|
|35 – 40 years||05|
|41 years or more||0|
As per this factor, you can get a maximum of 35 points. To do so submit results for both English and French (First and Second official language) from:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) test
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF)
- Test d’évaluation de Français (TEF)
|First Official Language||Points (Max 35)|
|Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 9 or higher||7||7||7||7|
|CLB Level 8||6||6||6||6|
|CLB Level 7||5||5||5||5|
|Below CLB Level 7||Not Applicable|
|Second Official Language||Points|
|CLB Level 7 or more in all skills||4|
|Education||Max Points (out of 25)|
|PhD level or equal||25|
entry-to-practice professional degree
|2 or more diploma/degree from Canada||22|
|Post-secondary Academic degree||21|
|Work Experience (within 10 years) in New Brunswick||Points (Max 10)|
|6 or more years of work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B Skill Level.||10|
|1 – 5 years of work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B Skill Level.||05|
The Profitability of your Business to the province
|Location/Sector in New Brunswick||Points (Max 10 points)|
|If your business is outside Fredericton, Moncton, and Saint John||05|
|If your business in the agriculture sector||05|
|If your business comes under the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour’s priority sector.||05|
|Adaptability||Points (max 10)|
|If you or your spouse/ common-law partner have relations who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens.||05|
|Your spouse/common-law partner have a minimum of a 1-year regular, full-time job in NB.||05
|Your spouse/common-law partner have a minimum of 2 years of full-time study (min 2-year program) from a post-secondary institute in NB. Also, if applicable, your spouse/common-law partner must have a valid study permit.||10
|Your spouse/common-law partner must have a minimum of CLB 5 level in English or French.||05|
|You have extra job skills which you can prove through your post-secondary certificate/diploma/degree. This term requires your study program to be of at least 1 year full-time after high school.||05|
NBPNP PGES Terms for Applicant’s Proposed Business
Your business is eligible under New Brunswick Post Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream if it meets the following terms:
- Your business should be running for a minimum of 1 year before applying to NB PNP.
- Must have 100% business equity ownership.
- You should earn revenue from your business. Also, this revenue must meet the minimum Low-Income Cut-Off (LICO).
- Also, create a minimum of 1 fulltime job offer for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Besides, this offer must be for someone apart from your family member. Also, it should meet the minimum NB wage level.
In addition to the above terms your business should meet the following terms:
- Must not run a business for immigration. Also, you must be running your business as a career goal.
- You must be an active part of business operations, management, and direction.
- The business should create enough revenue/profits to make you financially stable in the province. Submit verifiable financial reports of your business to prove the same.
- Your business should come under sole proprietorship or corporation.
- Run a new business or buy an existing business in the province.
- The aim of your business should be to earn profits through the sale of goods and/or services.
- Your business must come as ‘permanent establishment’ for Income tax regulations 1985 under subsection 400(02).
- The business must be beneficial to the province.
- Whatever applicable, the business should pay all taxes.
- Also, your business must follow all Canadian legal rules and regulations.
- Further, your business must have valid licenses/permits.
- Besides, you must assure that you will not sell your business within 3 years of getting a permanent Canadian residence.
What are the steps you need to follow to apply under the New Brunswick Post Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream?
You need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the NBPNP PGES. Your profile will receive points according to the NBPNP SWES selection factors. And NBPNP will select your profile as per your ranking in the EOI profiles pool. Also, to give you a rank they will assess your profile as per the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Thus, if you have high ranking then you will get an Invite to Apply (ITA).
After getting an invite to Apply you must submit a complete application in NBPNP within 90 days.
You must submit a complete application with all the papers regarding you and your business. Your application will also include Audit Opinion and Special Purpose Report. These reports prove the financial stability and profitability of your business.
NBPNP will completely verify your application and check the info in your EOI.
If NBPNP selects your profile, then you will get an Invite to Apply (ITA). You will have to submit your profile for permanent residence to IRCC within 6 months of receiving ITA.
IRCC will approve your permanent residence visa and then you can settle in NB. Also, post-landing in NB you must contact IRCC within 30 days for the final settlement process.