NB Strategic Initiative Stream Selection Factors
If you qualify to apply to the NB Strategic Initiative stream, then your application will be assessed as per the NB Strategic Initiative stream Selection Factors such as:
|Age||Points (Max 12 Points)|
Language Skill Level
|First Official Language||Listening||Reading||Writing||Speaking||Max Points|
|CLB 7 or more||7||7||7||7||28|
Besides, to give proof of your language skills, give valid test results of the following:
- Test d’évaluation de français pour le Canada (TEF Canada)or
- Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada).
But, at the time of submitting test results, they must be valid. Because test results are only valid for 2 years.
|TEF Canada||350 (151)||350 (226)||350 (181)||350 (226)|
Under this factor of the NB Strategic Initiative Stream Selection Factors, the applicant must have:
|Education Level – Canadian or equal||Points (Max 25)|
|PhD or Master’s degree or a professional degree required to work in a licensed occupation.
Besides, a professional degree must be a degree in medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)
|2 or more degrees or certificates or diplomas from a recognised university, college, trade or technical school. Also, 1 study program must be for a minimum of 3 years.||22|
|Bachelor’s degree or a study program of 3 or more years. Also, this study program must have been completed in a recognised university, college, trade or technical school.||21|
|2-year degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognised, university, college, trade or technical school.||19|
|1-year degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognised, university, college, trade or technical school.||17|
|Secondary diploma from a high school.||15|
If an applicant has foreign educational credentials then they must get an ECA report. Because an Educational Credential report indicates that the applicant’s education level is at par with that of Canada’s education system.
Under this factor, the applicant can get a max of 15 points. But to do the same its work experience must meet the following terms such as:
- Firstly, be for a full-time job.
- But, work hours must be for a minimum of 30 hours per week or 1,560 hours in a year.
- Secondly, can be with 1 or more employer.
- Also, must match the NOC of the job offer you have from an NB employer.
- Besides, must be paid. Because NB PNP does not accept work experience gained under unpaid internships, volunteer experiences and programs of study (such as a co-op).
- Is gained either within or outside Canada.
- Further, for self-employment work experience, you must get the documents verified from a recognised third party.
- Also, this experie4nce must not be in the retail, food and accommodation sectors.
- Finally, for work experience in a regulated occupation, you must show that you have a license/certificate to work in NB.
Work Experience criteria do not apply to an international student who meets the following terms:
- Have a minimum of a 2-year post-secondary diploma or certificate from a recognised NB university, college, trade or technical school.
|Work Experience||Max Points (15)|
|6 or more years||15|
|Adaptability||Max Points (20)|
|An exploratory visit to NB||15|
|Have a minimum of 1 year of full-time, paid work experience in NB. Also, this work experience has been gained on a valid work permit or you had permission to work in Canada.||15|
|Have a valid job offer from an NB employer in the job occupation that matches your work experience; or
Have a full-time, paid job in NB.
|A direct invitation from NB under the Strategic Initiative Stream.||15|
|You or your spouse/common-law partner have a blood relative in NB. This relative must be of a minimum of 18 years of age. Also, it must be living in NB for a minimum of 18 months before you apply to NB PNP.||5|
|Studied in an NB recognised institution as a full-time student for a minimum period of 1 year. And have a degree diploma for the same.||5|
|Spouse or common-law partner has a language skill level of CLB/NCLC 5 in English/French.||5|
|Spouse or common-law partner has a minimum of 1 year paid work experience in NB or had the authorisation to work in Canada.||5|
NB PNP requires applicants applying to this stream to submit a settlement plan. Please note that this is different from an exploratory visit. However, the 2 separate documents may share some similar factors.
To qualify under this stream, you must score a minimum of 65 points out of 100 under the NB Strategic Initiative Stream Selection Factors.
Besides, the NB Strategic Stream Selection Factors help the province to select the best candidates to develop the province and meet its labour market needs. If you have the skills, then NB will select you and give you a nomination. After that, you can apply to IRCC for permanent residence in Canada.