NB Business Immigration Stream Selection Factors
If you meet the NB Business stream eligibility terms, then your application assessment will happen as per the NB Business Immigration Stream Selection Factors such as:
Age – Max 10 Points
|Age||Points (Max 10 Points)|
Language Skill Level
|First Official Language||Listening||Reading||Writing||Speaking||Max Points|
|CLB 7 or more||5||5||5||5||20|
|Second Official Language|
|CLB 5 or more in all 4 skill areas||05|
Besides, to give proof of your language skills, give valid test results of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) General
- Test d’évaluation de français pour le Canada (TEF Canada)or
- Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada).
Further, at the time of submitting test results, they must be valid. Because test results are only valid for 2 years.
Under this factor the applicant must have:
|Education Level – Canadian or equal||Points (Max 20)|
|Master’s degree or PhD||20|
|High school diploma||10|
Personal Net Worth
Under this factor, the applicant must have a legal and verified net worth of CAD $500,000.
Business Ownership / Work Experience
As a business owner, one can claim 15 points for the following terms:
- For the 3 out of 5 years, the applicant must be the owner of the business, and
- Must be supervising a minimum of 2 employees.
Based on senior management experience, the applicant can get up to 9 points
- Are managing a division, department, organisation, or a part of the organisation; or an important function in the organisation; and
- In 3 out of 5 years, are a senior manager in a business; and
- Are supervising a minimum of 2 employees; and
- Have the authority to hire/terminate, or recommend these and other actions, such as promotion and leave approval; and
- Are involved in the day-to-day decision making for running the business; and
- The company the applicant works not be a for-profit company that is owned by a government or a voluntary sector.
|Business Ownership or||Experience||Points (Max 15)|
|· Have a minimum of 51% of ownership in the business.
· Handles day to day activities of the business.
· Supervises at least 2 employees.
|10 years in the past 10 years||15|
|6 to 9 years in the past 10 years.||12|
|3 years in the past 5 years.||8|
|Senior Management Experience or||Experience||Points|
|· Working in a senior manager role.
· Involved in day-to-day activities of a for-profit organisation.
· Supervises at least 2 employees.
|10 years in the past 10 years||9|
|6 to 9 years in the past 10 years.||7|
|3 years in the past 5 years.||5|
|Owns shares in other businesses but does not actively participate in the business.||Any||0|
For submitting a business concept along with your EOI application you can get up to 25 points. So, you must prove that your business concept will benefit the province. Also, the business must be operating to get profits by selling services/products.
|Business Concept||Points (Max 25)|
|Visited the province for a minimum of 5 business days within 1 year (12 months). A report of this business trip must be included with the EOI application.||5|
|Will be transferring a minimum of 5 years of business ownership experience in the same industry and sector in NB||4|
|Business location: outside of the greater Fredericton, Saint John, and Moncton regions (more than 20 km from the city centre)||5|
|Investment is more than $500,000 CAD
Investment is between $150,000 to $499,999 CAD
|Have shared appropriate and applicable statutes, regulations, by-laws, and accreditation requirements related to the business plan.||3|
|Have shared complete details of market research for the business plan.||5|
|Studied in an NB recognised institution as a full-time student for a minimum period of 1 year and past the age of 17 with a valid study permit; Or||05|
|Have a minimum of 6 months of work experience in NB; Or|
|Have a minimum language skill level of CLB/NCLC 5 in English/French.|
To qualify under this stream, you must score a minimum of 65 points out of 100 under the NB Business Immigration Stream Selection Factors.
Besides, the NB Business Immigration Stream Selection Factors are set in such a manner that it helps the province to filter the best candidates to grow the province. If you have the skills, then NB will select you.