The Middle East – Beyond Dubai, Oman, Qatar
When we hear the word ‘Middle East’, we see Dubai, Oman and Qatar. But there is a lot more to see and experience along with these. Because the Middle East has a vast piece of territory which everyone considers as one. And is the land of numerous bazaars of species, a magnificent and beautiful desert and the cordial welcome of the Bedouins. Culturally, the region has remarkably a mix of Jews, Arabs, Turks & Persians as the main group. But we can also see a number of minorities with their own customs, language and sometimes their own countries.
From dense mountain tops to the Dead Sea to the tallest construction in the world, from beautiful mountain ranges to warm water and some ancient history, the Middle East have something for everyone to relish.
What to experience when heading to the Middle East?
The middle has some of the most exquisite, unique and mystic places on the planet. And it would be rightful to personify it as the ‘Eye of Sahara’. A palimpsest where the modern imprints meet the eastern charms, brews, and tales. Thus, when you are planning to visit the middle east, you must mentally prepare yourself to see a world beyond your imagination.
So, expand your vision and see the Middle East in its full glory. The following are some of the best places to visit in the Middle East
Dubai is a holiday paradise, a city of admiration and tourist attraction which includes some of the tallest buildings in the world. Because it is a destination that combines modern values with history, adventure with marvellous shopping and refreshment. Burj Khalifa, Dubai Museum, Palm Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab, The Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountains, and Dolphin Bay are some of the chief tourist attractions. The best time to visit Dubai is in November-March when temperatures are moderate
Turkey is one of the chief holiday destinations in the world with fabulous scenery and rich historic inheritance. Turkey is an amazing destination that includes Asia and Europe. Besides, being named the European capital of culture, Istanbul is a complete Arab city in some parts and a typical Mediterranean city in some parts. Istanbul is also a diverse city that mixes tradition and modern culture. Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia are a few of the great cultural attractions.
Cairo the City of the Thousand Minarets- is a magnificent place to discover Egyptian history and culture. Some of its prehistoric buildings such as the Iconic Pyramids and Sphinx, its museums and the Giza pyramids are what make Cairo a truly splendid destination. The pyramids of Giza, Al Azhar Mosque, Khan Al Khalili, Egyptian Museum are some top sights in Cairo
Petra, the world of wonder, is certainly the most significant city and one of the greatest tourist attractions. It is a very amazing city and it is particularly striking when you see it at sunset in the evening. It is one of the Middle East’s best places.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of the United Nations Emirates (UAE). It is one of the most beautiful and popular destinations in the Middle East. The city also makes a fine base for expeditions to the desert landscapes of the oasis city of Al Ain and Liwa Oasis. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Emirates Palace, Etihad Antiques Gallery, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Heritage Village, and Qasr Al Hosn as some of the famous tourist attractions in Abu Dhabi.
Visa requirements for different Countries in the Middle East:-
- Valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Two photocopies of the first and last page of the passport.
- 2 recent photographs (3.5*4.5 cm), white background, matt finish, 70% of the face visible.
- Covering letter.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Confirmed onward/return ticket.
- The last 3 months’ bank statements, duly attested and signed by a bank official. Minimum balance INR 50,000.
- Income tax return of last three years.
- Original leave letter from Employer/University/School.
- If self-employed- registration of company/ partnership deed / Memorandum of Article (MOA) is required.
- Have a valid passport (minimum 6 months validity upon arrival and 2 full blank pages).
- Original Leave letter from employer / covering letter on personal business letterhead (if self-employed) with authorized signatory, name and designation with company seal. If covering letter is on business letterhead please also provide a copy of the company registration certificate originally attested by the Mantralaya or MEA and notarized
- If the applicant has his own business/partner/proprietor/director, please provide an incorporation certificate/memorandum of association/partnership deed/proprietorship proof and the applicant’s name should be mentioned. Original Notary and Mantralaya/MEA attestation need to be done for each applicant irrespective of whether the applicant is travelling in a group or not (for Mumbai and its satellites).
- Last 3 months’ personal bank statements (original or copies attested by a bank) and with sufficient funds (1 Lac and above)
- Employed applicants should provide salary account details and salary slips (min 3 months) as mandatory documents.
- Tour Itinerary
- Hotel reservation
- Confirmed return ticket
- 2 photocopies of the Passport’s first and last page.
- Original passport
- Minors need a consent form if travelling alone or with one parent. The consent NOC must be on stamp paper with photos of parents and applicant and notarized.
- Mandatory Travel Insurance worth a minimum of Euro 30000
- An original Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) document attested by the Ministry of External Affairs. (exempt for USA/UK/Schengen or Turkey Visa) Not applicable for Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Trivandrum and Pondicherry.
- Passports which are not issued in the jurisdiction of applicants applying in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Trivandrum, and Pondicherry can be submitted with local address proof. (Only registered leave and license agreement copy and it needs to be notarized and attested by the Mantralaya)
- Income tax return (Last two years) and Form 16(Last one year)
- Authorization letter from the applicant in case application is submitted by Travel Agent along with Photo ID of the travel agent
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport.
- Scanned copy of your passport-size photograph against a blue background
- Passport with at least 12 months validity
- Copy of the first and last page of your passport.
- Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed onward/return ticket
- Scanned copy of your passport-size photograph against a blue background.
- Official ID card copy of guarantor (if any), in Oman with phone number & address