Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa

This Visa is for people who hold a Long-Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa and have been employed in New Zealand for more than 2 years. If one has an ongoing employment and his/her salary is NZ$45,000 or greater, then the individual may be eligible for this resident visa.

With this visa an individual can:

  • Live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
  • Include their partner and dependent children aged 24 and under in residence application.

Visa eligibility:

  • To apply for this visa, an individual must hold a Long-Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa and have worked in New Zealand for more than 2 years.
  • They must have ongoing, full-time employment in an occupation that was on the Long-Term Skill Shortage List LTSSL) at the time they were granted a work visa, or an occupation that is on the LTSSL at the time they apply for residence.
  • The individual must be of 55 years of age or under.

Visa conditions:

If an individual is granted this visa there are certain conditions that must be met which are described below:

Work: An individual who is granted a resident visa, can work for any employer they like, in any occupation they prefer.

Study: Once granted a resident visa, an individual has the freedom to study in any program of their choice.

Travel: The individual can travel in and out of New Zealand as often as they like until their travel conditions expire.

To travel after that, they’ll need to apply for and be granted either:

  • A Permanent Resident Visa
  • A variation of their travel conditions, which would allow them to return to New Zealand at a later date.

The individuals travel conditions will expire 2 years from the date they first arrive in New Zealand as a resident.

If they’re outside of New Zealand when their travel conditions expire, their visa will expire as well.

In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.

For more information and eligibility requirement please Contact us or complete the Assessment Form and email us.