3,357 Invitations issued by Alberta under AINP(Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) till April 2019.
A New Notification released by the provincial government of Alberta under AINP (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) shows issuance of 3,357 invitations till April to Express Entry candidates.
To enumerate, candidates receiving invitations under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program usually receive additional 600 points towards their CRS. Therefore, guaranteeing an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can issue up to 6,000 nominations for the 2019 calendar year. This limit is set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
To, point out, to receive an invitation form Alberta, candidates must be eligible for one of the three federal immigration programs by the Express Entry System –
- Federal Skilled Worker Class,
- Federal Skilled Trades Class and
- Canadian Experience Class
Overview regarding the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program process.
Alberta cities like Edmonton and Calgary is a popular destination for immigrants. Notably, though oil and gas production was the prime economic source, now there has been a paradigm shift. Now, IT, Health services and other industries are also playing a major role in the economic growth in Alberta.
In 2018, a complete overhaul of the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program was done. Now AINP has two streams i.e. Opportunity Stream and Express entry stream.
Given below is the details of the new streams: –
- Opportunity Stream – Under this stream, foreign workers require a job offer from an employer. However, this stream acts as a pathway for the migrants to apply for Canadian permanent residence.
- Express Entry system – Under this stream, if a candidate receives an invitation from the Alberta provincial government, he is given an Invitation to apply (ITA).
To point out, for nomination for Canadian permanent residence from Alberta, there are two conditions:
- Express entry candidates must have a Comprehensive ranking system of 300.
- Should work in an occupation that support’s Alberta economic development.
Candidates are given priority for provincial nomination under AINP
However, as per the AINP notification, a job offers or previous work in Alberta is not necessary. Furthermore, there are certain conditions in which candidates are given priority for provincial nomination. Given Below are the conditions:
1.A job-offer and or work experience in Alberta,
2. A degree from a Canadian post-secondary institution and
3. Parent, child or sibling already living in Alberta
To point out, An NOI is given to the candidates selected from the federal pool. Once the candidate receives an NOI, the candidate has 30 days to submit a complete application for a provincial nomination.
Till date, 473 is the maximum number of invitations issued.
*AINP – Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
*CRS -Comprehensive Ranking System
*NOI – Notifications of Interest
Global Vision Immigration (GVI) is one of the leading immigration companies headquartered in Brampton, Canada. Particularly engaged in the business of Overseas Education and Immigration Services for Canada, Australia, Germany, and New Zealand.