The individuals obligations:
The individual must:
- Be under 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if their proposed investment will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory
- Score at least 65 on the points test.
- Have a high level of management skill in relation to the eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- Have at least three years’ experience of direct involvement in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- Have an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- Have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuing their business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured
- Have a genuine intention to live for at least two years in the state or territory in which they have made a designated investment.
The individual, their partner, or both partner combined must:
- For at least one of the five fiscal years immediately before they are invited to apply, have directly managed one of the following:
- A qualifying business in which they, their partner or both partner combined had at least 10 per cent ownership interest, or
- Eligible investments owned by them, their partner or both partner combined of at least AUD1.5million.
- During the two fiscal years immediately before they are invited to apply, have legally acquired net business, investment and personal assets of at least AUD2.25 million that are available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
- Make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5 million in a state or territory government security using unencumbered funds accumulated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments and be prepared to hold that investment for at least four years from date of issue in their nominating state or territory
- Have had no involvement in unacceptable activities.
Income that they earn from their designated investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.