The investor program stream helps applicants to make a business investment in Quebec. However, in this program, the applicant does not have to actively buy or setup, and run a business in Quebec. But needs the applicant to make a minimum investment and have an intent to settle in Quebec.
Who can apply?
To apply, meet the terms such as:
- Have legal net assets, a minimum of C$2000,000. This excludes donations received 6 months before making an application. Also, the funds can be with the applicant or with its accompanying spouse or de facto spouse.
- Have a minimum management experience of 2 years within 6 years. The experience must include planning, controlling and managing human, financial and or material resources. But do not include experience gained through internship, training, or a specialisation resulting in a diploma.
- Must have an intention to settle in Quebec.
- With a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorised to take part in the Investor Program, the applicant must sign an investor agreement.
- Invest a sum of C$1,200,000 for 5 years with Investissement Québec – Immigrants Investisseurs Inc.
- The applicant’s profile will be assessed as per the following factors:
- Language Skills
- Education Level
- Have an attestation of learning about democratic values and the Québec values.