If any individual has NZ $10 million to invest in New Zealand over a 3-year period, can apply for New Zealand residence. If granted residence they can come to New Zealand with your family and enjoy our unique lifestyle.
This visa allows to:
- Live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.
- Include partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in the visa application.
- Travel as a resident in and out of New Zealand for the first 2 years of the investment period.
- Bring own car, boat and household items to New Zealand, free of customs charges.
Visa eligibility conditions
- Entry permission: An individual must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand.
- Invest in New Zealand: The applicant must keep NZD $10 million invested in an acceptable investment in New Zealand for 3 years.
- EOI Points: Must achieve the minimum cut off points or above in EOI. Keep checking here for the regular EOI cut-off points updates.
- Contact details: The applicant must provide with the address and other contact details.
- Keep visa in a valid passport: visa must be in a valid passport if any individual wants to travel in or outside NZ.
In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.
First of all the applicant has to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be in good health
- Must be of good character
- Must have good English language capabilities
- Must be 55 years old or less
- Must reach a minimum point score of 160
Acceptable investment criteria
For an investment to be acceptable to us, it must:
Investments must be in one or more of the following:
- Bonds issued by the New Zealand government or local authorities
- Bonds issued by New Zealand firms traded on the New Zealand Debt Securities Market (NZDX)
- Bonds issued by New Zealand firms with at least a BBB- or equivalent rating from internationally recognized credit rating agencies, e.g. Standard and Poor’s
- Bonds issued by New Zealand registered banks
- Bonds in finance companies
- Equity in New Zealand firms – these can be public or private
- Equities in New Zealand registered banks
- Residential property development
- Eligible New Zealand venture capital funds.
It is a points-based system to assess eligibility for Investor 2 Resident Visas.Expressions of interest (EOI) can stay in the selection pool for a long time.