International students receive support from Canada
On July 14, 2020, international students receive support from Canada. IRCC rolled its latest measures to support the education of international students in Canada.
Canada creates the most revenue from its international students. Also, these students future permanent residents. IRCC introduced major changes to help international students. Because they offer social and economic benefits to the country. This move also comes as a step to make sure Canada continues to be a top destination for overseas education.
IRCC rolled out the following measures:
- For applicants who have submitted a complete work permit application, IRCC will fast-track the processing of their application on a priority basis.
- Introduction of the 2-step process for applicants who are not able to submit a complete application. But this temporary process is for applicants who:
- Want to start their studies online.
- Will submit their application by September 15, 2020.
- Also, Canada permits students to begin their studies online from their home country.
- Canada will count the time of online study as qualifying length for issuing Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) to the applicant.
- But, the above condition applies if the applicants submit a study permit application and complete a minimum of 50% of their study program in Canada.
As international students contribute about 21 billion dollars to Canada that is why IRCC is making sure that they are well taken care of. Now international students can start their study programs from the comfort and safety of their homes. This not only helps in containing the virus but with the help of IRCC the students can continue to pursue higher education in Canada.
International students receive support from Canada as clear from IRCC’s earlier immigration measures. This will attract more applicants to apply for Canadian study visa and PGWP.
If you too wish to apply for a Canada study visa then take our Free Assessment or Contact Us to know more.