International Graduate stream
The International Graduate stream is for graduates who:
- have a valid Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), and
- have a job or a job offer from an employer in the province.
Apply to NL PNP Skilled Worker Express Entry stream with a PGWP if IRCC accepts your EE profile.
Who can Apply?
To apply to the NL PNP International Graduate stream meet the following terms:
- Must have completed half of your study program in Canada;
- Submit proof of post-secondary Canadian education;
- Must have completed a full time, minimum of a 2-year degree or diploma. Also, apply to this program if you have a 1-year degree or diploma program, which required a previously obtained degree or diploma (even if obtained abroad).
- Minimum 2 years full-time job or job offer, with the scope of extension in employment; and
- The job offer must be from an eligible Newfoundland and Labrador employer. Also, the job/offer must provide a salary and benefits as per the prevailing wage rate and employment standards in the province;
- Besides, a short-term, or contractual job for 12 months or lesser with no scope of extension in employment does not qualify;
- Must have the qualification, education level, certificate, training etc. to do the job;
- Also, fall under the age group of 21 to 51;
- Show an intent to live and settle in the province;
- Have proof of settlement funds;
- Have job-ready English or French to perform job duties. Also, jobs from the NOC C and D level must meet the minimum language skills terms for the program. Usually, NOC C and D levels are not considered under the International Graduate stream;
- Must have a valid Post Graduate Work permit which is valid for at least 6 months at the time of application;
- If you completed your education from outside the province then your job or job offer must be related to your field of study. Also, you might be required to work for a minimum of 1 year before applying to the program;
- In case you have a 10% business share in the business you are employed then your share can not be more than 10%.
Working in a field of study
To apply to NL PNP IG stream, you must have either;
- A full-time, permanent job position in the field of your study; or
- A position that matches your skills, experience and/or training.
Besides, the program allows applicants to apply if their job position is unrelated to their field of study if:
- Have graduated from Memorial University or College of North Atlantic; and
- Your job position meets the terms such as:
- Must require a post-graduation degree or diploma;
- Falls under NOC levels 0, A, B, or C;
- Is in a field, where in the past 5 years, you have a combination of experience, skill and/or training, as per the NOC requirement and accepted by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC);
- Must be full-time, regular, and permanent;
- And must meet the labour market need of the province.
All employers under the NL PNP program must meet its terms including running up an established business in the province for the past 2 years (until exempt in NL PNP, such as business in rural areas) and meeting all labour laws and regulations of Newfoundland and Labrador. Also, the employer might be asked to explain how the job position complements the labour market needs in its organisation/business.