How can you Sponsor your Spouse or Common Law Partner for Canada PR
2022: Find out How can you Sponsor your Spouse or Common Law Partner for Canada PR
Canada is a country that strongly believes in family values, connection, connectivity and togetherness. And to keep up with this philosophy it caters to the needs of foreign immigrants trying to connect with their loved ones in Canada. As a result, Canada offers Spousal Sponsorship to its citizens and permanent residents.
But How can you Sponsor your Spouse or Common Law Partner for Canada PR?
Canada Spousal Sponsorship is a program that allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouse or common-law or to apply for Canada PR. In case you meet the terms you can apply to become a sponsor.
To sponsor your spouse or common-law or you must meet the following terms:
- Either be a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen or are registered as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
- Be of 18 years of age or above.
- Either are currently living in Canada or intend to return to Canada once your spouse or common-law partner qualifies for permanent residence in Canada.
- Besides, you are not on social assistance.
- Finally, you support your spouse or common-law or financially for 3 years.
Besides, as a sponsor you must make sure:
- You can support your spouse or common-law partner financially.
- At any point in time, they must not rely on social assistance from the Canadian govt.
What are the reasons by which you will become ineligible to become a sponsor?
If you meet 1 of the following reasons mentioned below then you can not become a sponsor:
- Are currently sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner. But you have already sponsored a past spouse or common-law partner and the sponsorship period of 3 years is yet to expire.
- On a past sponsorship, you did not pay social assistance which was availed by the sponsored party.
- Are a defaulter on an immigration loan or a performance bond.
- Have not paid alimony or child support as per court’s order.
- Have filed for bankruptcy.
- Were convicted of a crime.
- Are sponsoring a spouse or common-law partner but you were sponsored earlier and you are yet to complete 5 years as a Canada PR cardholder.
- Either you are on a removal order or you are in prison.
- Finally, a decision awaits on your sponsorship application.
What are the categories for spousal sponsorship by which you can sponsor your spouse or common-law partner?
As a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada, you can choose to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner via the right immigration pathway.
But how can you sponsor your Spouse or Common Law Partner for Canada PR? And which pathway to choose?
As a sponsor you have the following options to choose from:
Apply for Canada Spouse Visa via the Family class if 1 of the terms apply:
- The person you want to sponsor is currently living outside Canada.
- The person you want to sponsor lives with you. But have no intention to stay in Canada while the application is processing.
- Are planning to make an appeal in case your application is up for refusal.
- Are sponsoring your conjugal partner or dependent.
Apply for a Canada Spouse Visa under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class if the spouse or common-law partner:
- Is currently living with you.
- Also, the spouse or common-law partner has a temporary resident status or are exempt from the same.
- Wishes to apply and qualify for an Open Work Permit.
- On an Open Work Permit, your spouse or common-law partner can work in Canada while the Canada Spouse Visa application is processed.
Canada to see a rise in Spousal Sponsorship applications in 2022
Each year Canada sees a rise in foreign skilled workers moving to Canada. And why not Canada offers the best options to build your life in a first-world country. Be it high salaried jobs, multiple job opportunities, great and free healthcare and education, everything the country offers adds to the overall quality of life.
As a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living without family members can be very taxing. As a result, Canada to meet these human needs offers immigration pathways via which you can sponsor your family members to come to Canada. You can always bank upon the rising popularity of the Canada Spouse Visa.
Did you know as per the Immigration Levels Target 2020 – 2023, Canada is all set to invite 80,000 spouses or common-law partners or conjugate partners, and or dependents of PR cardholders or Canadian citizens.
However, looking at the overall high immigration performance of 2021, Canada will soon announce revised Immigration Levels Targets for 2022.
Now you know why and how can you Sponsor your Spouse or Common Law Partner for Canada PR. So, why wait?
Apply now with our Free Assessment or Contact Us to know more.