Frequently Asked Questions:

Why to hire a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC)?

You can always apply for immigration on your own. All information and application form are provided on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website. But there is always a probability of missing out something which could be crucial in determining your eligibility because you may not be fully aware of the immigration law and which may result the refusal of your application not because you are not qualified to migrate, but because of technical errors that you might have made which could have been avoided by an experienced professional representative. You may save some money by applying on your own but you will never get back the valuable time that you may lose through an unsuccessful application.

But a RCIC is your assurance of quality. RCICs are equipped with the latest information on immigration law, procedures and practices and go about their business according to a strict, enforceable Code of Conduct.

For added security and client protection, registered consultants are fully insured for errors and omissions and can be subject to complaints that are all duly investigated by CICC.

Is hiring a Registered Canadin Immigration Consultant very expensive?

Because RCICs have to keep their credentials current by maintaining their CICC membership in good standing and engaging in continuous professional development, they incur more expenses. Their rates usually reflect this. In return, a RCIC offers quality professional services and knowledgeable advice on immigration matters of critical importance to the client.

What if my family members do not want to come with me to Canada?

All of your family members including spouse and children, disregarding if they plan to accompany you to Canada or not, should take a medical examination and the security clearance along with you. If they fail to do so, they will be excluded from the Family Members Class and you will not be able to sponsor them to Canada at any time in the future.

What if one of my family members could not pass the medical or security clearance:

If any of your family members could not pass the medical exam or security clearance, your application will be refused on the ground of medical or criminal inadmissibility.

Will I and my family members be invited for an immigration interview?

After reviewing your application an immigration officer will make a decision if you should attend an interview. If an interview is required, you will be informed about the date and place. All family members over 18 years of age must attend the interview.

What is the validity of my immigration visa?

An immigration visa is valid for 12 months from the date of the medical examination. Also its validity depends on the expiry date of passports. An immigration visa cannot be extended. If an applicant has not used it during the period of its validity, he/she must apply for permanent residence in Canada once again. You and your family members may land in Canada anytime during the validity of your immigrant visa.

What are my options, if my family members live abroad and cannot return home to take a medical examination?

Your family members may take medical examinations in the country where they live. An immigration officer will provide you with a list of designated medical practitioners in that country.

Does a previous refusal of a visa affect a future immigration process?

No. Previous refusal of any kind of visa doesn’t affect new applications. Though certain conditions are apllied.


Regarding all your immigration queries, you can Contact Us or you may refer Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website.