This visa is for people who have been self-employed in New Zealand for at least 6 months, or have operated a business for two years on another visa that allows self-employment.
This visa allows to:
- Continue to operate the business in New Zealand.
- Live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely
- Travel in and out of New Zealand as many times for 2 years.
- Include partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in the visa application.
Visa eligibility conditions
- Entry permission: An individual must apply for entry permission when arrive in New Zealand.
- Keep your visa in a valid passport: visa must be in a valid passport if any individual wants to travel in or outside NZ.
- Capital investment: If any individual has been operating their business for less than 2 years, they must keep their nominated capital invested in the business for 2 years
- Contact details: The applicant must provide the address and other contact details and disclose if any changes made while in New Zealand.
In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.
First of all, the applicant has to meet the minimum following requirements:
- Must be in good health
- Must be of good character
- Must have good English language capabilities
- Must provide proof of identity.
If any individual applies after less than 2 years of being self-employed, they’ll need to have an Entrepreneur Work Visa, have invested capital of at least NZ $500,000 and have created 3 new jobs in New Zealand.
The applicant’s business must comply with New Zealand employment and immigration law and it must be contributing to New Zealand’s economic growth.
New Jobs: If any individual has operated a business for less than 2 years, they must continue to employ people in the new jobs created, for minimum period of 2 years.
The 2-year time includes any time the applicant has been working for them self in New Zealand on an Entrepreneur Work Visa.