The Entrepreneur Business Immigration Program was developed to encourage the entry of experienced business persons to Canada who are able to make a substantial investment and thereby create employment opportunities and contribute to the economic well-being of Canada.
To be eligible under the Immigrant Entrepreneurs Program, you must have:
- Have at least two years of qualifying business experience under the Regulations.
- Have a net worth of at least C$300,000 that was obtained legally.
- Meet the selection criteria for the Entrepreneur Program.
- Meet medical, security and other requirements.
An entrepreneur who becomes a permanent resident must meet the following conditions:
- The entrepreneur must establish or control a percentage of the equity of a qualifying Canadian business equal to or greater than 33 1/3 per cent;
- The entrepreneur must provide active and on-going management of the qualifying Canadian business; and
- The entrepreneur must create at least one incremental full-time job equivalent in the qualifying Canadian business for Canadian citizens or permanent residents, other than the entrepreneur and their family members.
- Must meet the conditions for a period of at least one year within the period of three years after the day on which the entrepreneur becomes a permanent resident.
Please explore the various Business Immigrations options available under Provincial Nominee Program.