Employer Job Offer Stream OINP
The Employer Job Offer Stream OINP allows employers to hire skilled foreign nationals and foreign students with an eligible job offer. Under this, both the applicant and employer need to prove eligibility.
Besides, the Employer Job Offer stream OINP further divides into:
- Foreign Worker Stream
- International Student Stream
- In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream provides foreign skilled workers with an opportunity to apply for permanent residence in Ontario. This stream is open for people in and outside Canada with a valid job offer from Ontario.
Also, to apply you need to meet the following terms:
- Firstly, have a full-time, permanent NOC 0, A, or B job offer in Ontario.
- Also, your job offer needs to meet the entry-level wage criteria in Ontario.
- Secondly, must have a minimum work experience or a valid license/authorisation for your job profile.
- Also, must prove intent to live in Ontario.
- Finally, have legal or implied status in Ontario.
In this term, people need to prove their work experience eligibility. Firstly, you need to show 2 years of full-time, paid work experience in or outside Canada. Also, the same should be verifiable and within the time frame of 5 years. However, full-time work refers to 39 hours in a week. Secondly, you must have a license and your work experience must come under the qualifying NOC. Lastly, if you are including paid self-employment then you must give valid papers of the same.
Every applicant needs to show proof of a valid job offer under the Employer Job Offer OINP – Foreign Worker sub-stream. So, you will qualify to apply if:
- Firstly, your occupation comes under ‘skilled occupation’ in NOC 0, A, or B.
- Secondly, your job offer is permanent, regular and paid. It needs to cover min. 1560hours within 12 months.
- Also, the job offer meets or exceeds the median wage level of a region in Ontario.
- Finally, the job offer should be necessary for the employer’s business.
This stream is open for international students with a valid job offer under NOC 0, A, or B.
OINP can consider your profile if you meet the following terms:
- A full time, permanent job under NOC 0, A, or B that meets the minimum wage level in Ontario.
- Either has a full-time, a minimum of a 2-year degree or graduation from a Canadian college/university Or a minimum of 1 year of full-time postgraduate diploma from a Canadian college/university.
- You need to at least complete half of your studies in Canada.
- Must apply within 2 years of completion of your studies.
- Show proof of legal/implied status.
- Show proof of intention to settle in Ontario.
This stream selects workers with skills that are in hot demand. And to qualify an applicant needs to have:
- A permanent, full-time job offer in eligible occupations list.
- A minimum of 9 months of paid, full-time/part-time work experience within 3 years.
Besides, full-time work refers to 30 hours in a week and 1200 hours in a year. A part-time job refers to 15 hours in a week and 1200 hours in a year within 18 months.
- Education qualification that is on par with the Canadian education system as verifiable in ECA.
- Proof of language skills in English or French. You must show test results with the Canadian Language Benchmark score of 4 or more. You can submit test results for IELTS, CELPIP, TCF, or TEF.
- A valid license/certificate (if your job profile requires it).
- Proof of funds for settlement in Ontario.
- Proof of legal/implied status.
- The intent of living in Ontario by showing ties to the province.
Under this term, even employers need to qualify for hiring foreign nationals. They need to show proof of the following:
- You need to have an active business of at least 3 years.
- Your business should be in Ontario where a foreign employee will work.
- Show proof of recruiting employees (OINP nominee in Canada or outside Canada).
- Your business is legal, verifiable and does not violate any laws.
- Your business follows all health, employment, and safety laws.
- If the business is in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA): Show $500,000 annual revenue with 5 full-time employees. The employees have to be Canadian or are permanent residents.
- If outside GTA: Show $500,000 annual revenue with 3 full-time employees. The employees have to be Canadian or are permanent residents.
|Eligible Jobs: In-Demand Skills Stream
|National Occupations Classification (NOC) List
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderlies and patient services|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential/commercial installation and service|
|NOC 7511||Transport Truck Drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy Equipment Operators (other than cranes)|
|NOC 8431||Farm Workers (General)|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and Greenhouse Workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting Labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction: Helpers and Labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, poultry workers, meat cutters and other related jobs.|