Dependent Child Resident Visa

If any individual is a New Zealand citizen or resident living in New Zealand, can bring their dependent children to New Zealand to live with them. If their children are granted residence, they can live and study in New Zealand, and if they are old enough, work too.

This visa allows to:

  • Bring dependent children to New Zealand to live with. If they’re old enough they can study and work too.
  • Stay in New Zealand indefinitely.
  • Travel in and out of New Zealand until the travel conditions expire.

Visa eligibility conditions

  •  Entry permission: An individual must apply for entry permission when they arrive in New Zealand.
  •  Age: Dependent children must be of 24 years or under.
  •  Keep visa in a valid passport: visa must be in a valid passport if any individual wants to travel in or outside NZ.

In addition to the above-mentioned conditions, there are other factors and criteria to be taken into consideration.

First of all, the applicant has to meet the minimum requirements:

  • Must be in good health.
  • Must be of good character
  • Must be of 24 years of age or under.
  • Must have good English language capabilities

If the resident visa is subject to section 49 conditions, the child’s visa will be subject to those same conditions.

Section 49 conditions: Sometimes visas are subject to extra conditions under section 49(1) of the Immigration Act 2009. These are called section 49 conditions. For example, if any individual is granted residence under the Skilled Migrant Category a section 49 condition could be that you take up an offer of Skilled Employment within 3 months of arriving in New Zealand.

If the children were eligible for New Zealand residence under the Family Quota, Refugee Family Support Category, Samoa Quota Scheme or Pacific Access Category but weren’t included in residence application, they’ll be not eligible for this visa.

If the children were eligible for New Zealand residence under any other category but weren’t included in the residence application, the applicant may be asked to explain the reason for this.

For more information and eligibility requirement please Contact us or complete the Assessment Form and email us.