Critical Worker Stream
If you are currently working in PEI, then you can apply for nomination for a Canada PR through the Critical Worker Stream of PEI PNP. This stream is employer-driven. And helps the island fill low-skilled job positions.
Who can apply?
To apply, meet the Critical Worker Stream terms such as:
- Firstly, have a full-time, long-term (permanent or minimum of 2-years) job offer from a PEI employer in NOC Skill Level C or D;
- Secondly, have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience for the PEI employer;
- Also, must have a valid work permit and legal status in Canada.
- Besides, attend an interview with a staff member from the immigration office (if required);
- Have a minimum secondary school education;
- Fall between the age group of 18 and 59;
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience or relevant education in the past 5 years;
- Give proof of language skills – Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 level;
- Further, give proof of settlement funds;
- Finally, show intent to live and settle in PEI.
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
An EOI is not a formal application to PEI. But shows your interest in applying to the program. If you meet the above terms, then you must create an EOI profile.
EOI Points Grid
To submit an EOI, meet the terms of the EOI grid. The grid is divided into 6 areas. Further, each grid gives points as per the data that you give. Also, the maximum points that you can get are 100.
|EOI Grid Points (Max 100 points)|
|Age||Max 15 points|
All applicants must show proof of job-ready English. Because PEI PNP needs all applicants to be able to communicate in English to live, work, and settle in Canada. Thus, an EOI profile gets an extra 10 points for giving proof of language skills in both English and French.
To do so you can submit test results for English/French showing skills in 4 key areas such as Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
You can submit test results for IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, and TCF with the required CLB level (English) or NCLC level (French). Besides, these test results must not be more than 2 years old at the time of applying.
|Language||Maximum 20 points|
|Education||Max 15 points|
|Master’s or PhD.||10|
|Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years full-time study period)||10|
|Post-secondary diploma (minimum 1-year full-time study period)||10|
|Secondary school (completed)||15|
|Work Experience||Max 20 points|
|Up to 2 years||0|
|Employment||Max 15 points|
|Working with a permanent job position and a valid work permit in PEI.||5|
|Your job offer is related to the field of education.||10|
|Must have foreign qualification verified by an authority in the province.
Note – Not to be confused with an ECA.
|Minimum 1-year full-time, regular work experience in PEI.||5|
|Adaptability||Max 20 points|
|A close family member in PEI, who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen and has been living in PEI for a minimum of 12 months.||5|
|Spouse/common-law partner and/or dependent children have English/French language skill level of CLB/NCLC 6 or higher.||5|
|Currently, own a residential property in PEI for a minimum period of 1 year continuously.||5|
|Completed graduation from a PEI approved educational institute.||5|
|Minimum 3 years of work experience within 5 years by spouse/common-law partner.||5|
|Dependent children are admitted to a PEI education institution for a minimum of continuous 6 months.||