Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program
The Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program ended on June 18, 2019. In case you applied before June 19, 2019, Canada will continue to process the application.
Besides, if working in Canada, as a home caregiver, apply for Canada PR if you qualify for the Home Support Worker Pilot.
Processing of application under the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program
During the processing of the Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program application, an immigration officer will assess the following:
- Complete, correct, and the signed application form.
- All dues are paid.
- Biometrics was given (if required).
- Meet all language terms.
- Have proof of qualifying work experience
- Meet all education level terms,
- And submit all supporting documents
Besides, after application approval, you will get a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and an entry visa (if applicable). Also, as per the following situations whichever applicable, you must follow the steps accordingly:
If in Canada
IRCC will contact the applicant and they will have to appear for an interview. Also, the applicant has 2 options to give the interview:
- Either appear for an interview in one of the offices in Canada, Or
- Give an interview at the Port of Entry (POE), and give:
- Proof of settlement funds
- COPR and permanent resident visa (if already given)
If outside Canada
At the time of arriving in Canada, the applicant must meet with a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer.
At the time of arriving, you must have:
- Firstly, valid passport and or travel documents.
- But must not have a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.
- Secondly, have a valid passport and the COPR
In case, the applicant is currently working in Canada and their work permit is about to expire then they can also apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. Because this work permit can help the applicant, to keep working while a decision on their Canada PR application comes.