Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs
Aug 25, 2022: Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs
Honourable Immigration Minister Sean Fraser addressed the public and shared current immigration updates. As per the news coming in Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs. This is because Canada still has an application backlog of 1.3 million. And IRCC has been rolling out updates to address the same.
IRCC by the end of this year will be hiring 1250 staff members. And these members will help IRCC to reduce the burden of the backlog. In addition, Canada is working on offering a smooth application experience. Where the immigration system will be much easier to access and navigate through. With such efforts and measures, Canada is working toward its goal to come to the application processing timeline of 6 months (express entry applications).
In 2022, Canada is yet to complete/exceed its immigration levels target. In 2021, the target was set at 401,000 which the country broke with much ease. However, for 2022, the goal is set at 431,645. As a result, all the measures are to facilitate IRCC in meeting its target. And looking at the ongoing positive Canada immigration trends we can expect the same to happen very soon.
2022 Canada visa updates
Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs. The addition to come will help current and new visa applicants get a quick and easy Canada visa. Until now, Canada has issued the following number of visas:
- 2,75,000 applicants have permanent residency visas for Canada (Jan 01 – July 31, 2022).
- 349,000 new work permit applications have been approved.
- Out of the same, 220,000 are for Canada open work permits.
- Besides, Canada has given approval to 360,000 study visa applications.
IRCC will now be updating the details on backlogs every week. As per the IRCC reports (July 31, 2022), the following are the current updates:
- There are 639,500 Canada PR applications in processing. And 303,300 applications will be processed as per the service standard timings. So, this means that 47% of applicants will be getting a quick decision on their Canada PR visa application.
- IRCC has 1,400,000 temporary residence visa applications. Out of which, 41% (580,000) applications will get a quick decision on their application.
- Besides, as for citizenship applications, IRCC currently has 246,000 applications. And 65% (379,000) applications will get a quicker decision on their applications.
Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs – Estimated timelines
Looking at the above graph we can see a steep fall in the application backlogs. So, anyone feeling weighed down by delayed processing times can now relax and get ready to move to Canada. As a new applicant, the uncertainty in processing timelines can create unnecessary anxiety. Canada to hire 1250 staff members to help solve immigration backlogs. Thus, we will see the numbers fall even faster than the current projections.
2022: IRCC updates on backlogs up till now
IRCC has been sharing incessant updates on immigration backlogs and processing delays since the start of the year. Up till now, the following is the update on the measures implemented:
- Launching of an online portal for faster access to Canada PR holders.
- Get a Canada PR card online rather than in person contact with authorities.
- Check Canada visa application status online. This helps some family class PR applicants, sponsors, and their representatives to check application status under the spouse, partner, and dependent child categories.
- Opening of one-time PR pathway to 90,000 essential temporary workers and international students.
- Reduction in the Express Entry (EE) System backlogs. As a result, new applicants can now have their applications processed within the 6 months timeline.
Current work in progress
- Adding 1250 staff members until the end of the year.
- Infusing state-of-the-art technology with the immigration system. For quick access and navigation and assist staff members in faster processing of applications.
- Increasing immigration targets each year to reduce application backlog. Selection of a higher number of applicants in Canadian immigration draws will help in the reduction of backlogs faster.
In short, do not let application delays stop you from getting a Canada Visa. Apply now and get your desired Canada visa soon.